• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

No way this poo is true. Richardson interviewed Rivera himself and signed off on it. Then he went on to make favorable statements right after about Rivera.

Lombardi who supposedly has inside source in the organization said today that their were no trade winds blowing at the moment and that Hurney was fired because he was the most cost effective(no contract to eat) that would appease the fans.Also stated there is a sentiment inside the locker room that the wrong guy got the axe.

Also said Hurney has a long history of complying with exactly what Richardson wants.

#32 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Yeah.....isn't he the one who said Cam had a mind coach?

Just rumors....and they love those

#33 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

We know Harbaugh wasn't the guy JR wanted.

We know Harbaugh was not interested in the Panthers and it upset Richardson.

#34 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• ALL-PRO
  • 811 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

I was on board for Perry Fewell

I didn't think much about Fewell at the time, but he seems like a good choice.

#35 smittyceo

smittyceo

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

JR should call out Mort for the fraud he is.

#36 dksmith17

dksmith17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

I heard this on Mike + Mike and have not seen it posted. Merge if needed.

Chris Mortenson is reporting that one of the reasons that Marty Hurney was fired was because he hired Ron Rivera as coach.

Is the writing on the wall?

#37 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

Well duh... Dude does not know how to coach.

#38 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

This was discussed yesterday, therefore when I opened this, I was anxiously awaiting to read "Rivera will be fired today."

#39 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,996 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

I sure hope the writing is on the wall.

On the same note, did anyone catch the Rivera press conference? It is great if not just for the first 5 seconds.

Rivera walks up to the mic and looks utterly baffled. Not even angry, just baffled. Then he blurts out "ohhh boy boy boy boyboyboyboyboy".

It's kind of hilarious, and sad. He knows he is toast.

http://www.panthers....01-1006eebabde5

#40 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

I sure hope the writing is on the wall.

On the same note, did anyone catch the Rivera press conference? It is great if not just for the first 5 seconds.

Rivera walks up to the mic and looks utterly baffled. Not even angry, just baffled. Then he blurts out "ohhh boy boy boy boyboyboyboyboy".

It's kind of hilarious, and sad. He knows he is toast.

http://www.panthers....01-1006eebabde5

Seeing stuff like that makes me feel bad for him, but then I remember all of the horrible decisions he made during the game that ultimately cost us - burned timeouts, not going for points, etc., and then I remember "feeling bad" for a guy is part of why I kept wanting to give Fox a chance.

Enough is enough.

#41 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Another losing record and RIver should be out the door. If he somehow manages 8-8 or 7-9 it will be tough because technically we improved from last year at that point.

I think Rivera is very smart but its hard to tell whether the players like to play for him or respect him. It also sucks he isn't very outwardly emotional. Sure it doesn't mean you don't care but showing it means you care to show that you care, and when people see signs you care its a bit more inspirational.

I am still meh on Rivera, IF we even out, right now I want out.

I think RR should be out the door now.
I do not think he is smart, which is why waiting serves no purpose.

Case in point--A 51-yard field goal at the half. He explained to the press that he did not do it because the wind was swirling. If my guess is correct, we probably had a 25% chance of hitting the field goal.

What did Einstien Rivera do? Throw a hail mary, a play that has about a 5% chance of working. Brilliant!

I do not see time fixing stupid. He has been here about 23 games, and has made numerous game management blunders. Go ahead and hire the GM and fire RR. Maybe the new coach can get to know the players/evaluate the talent in the second half of the season.

#42 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

He probably wants Cowher but Hurney knew that'd be the end of his time here so he convinced JR otherwise.

Cowher is gonna be the next coach/GM.

#43 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,996 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Whoever the new GM is, I hope he puts the next prospective head coach through in-game scenarios. It is just mind boggling how wrong Rivera is with his decisions. I was listening on the radio to the Panthers network and they were confused as to why we didn't kick the field goal before the half. Then at the end, they were like "WE CANNOT SIT BACK AND PLAY A SOFT ZONE". And what does Rivera do? Puts the corners 10 yards back. If the radio guys are outcoaching you, you've got problems.

#44 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

The most sickening thing about the end of the game was that he made NO adjustment at all. Same coverage, every play, until they kicked the FG. He had like 6 or 7 chances to change it, and he did nothing. No guessing required by the offense. The dumbest sequence of playcalling/strategy implementation I have ever seen in my life.

#45 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

Case in point--A 51-yard field goal at the half. He explained to the press that he did not do it because the wind was swirling. If my guess is correct, we probably had a 25% chance of hitting the field goal.

What did Einstien Rivera do? Throw a hail mary, a play that has about a 5% chance of working. Brilliant!

To make it even more baffling, when we got the ball, they called a quick out to the sideline for 5 yards. So explain to me the purpose for that play. If RR had no intention of going for the field goal, why throw the out? To get additional yards for a hail mary pass that sailed clear through the end zone? No part of that sequence makes sense.

He should have just taken the knee. Frankly, it would have made more sense than what we actually did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com