Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tweet from adam schefter about dwill getting traded

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I think the handling of this entire situation is going to effect us for a long time.

It wouldn't surprise me to see DWill traded for probably a 5th, then he he end up running for 1k the rest of this season for a Superbowl contender, and then churn out several 1,200+ yard seasons after that (2 to 4). We're probably going to regret it.

And it all starts up top. No doubt, I think Hurney was done here and it was time for a change... But, that change should've happened in the offseason with a clear plan in mind. Now we're without an acting GM that knows what he's doing, have yet to hire a consultant to find the next one, about to trade a "core" player from once upon a time, have a lame duck staff in place, and players that have already come out and said they wish he had been fired.

Just a disaster.

Posted

The tweet said Panthers wiiling to listen. Shouldn't they always be willing to listen to offers?

Posted

And how disappointing is it to know he still has plenty of tread left on the tires but we're going to trade him because he doesn't fit in with this stupid ass staff's scheme. Pisses me off when we're basically going to piss away an asset because he doesn't fit the scheme of a staff who won't be here anyway next year.

Posted

Who are they contacting?

Marty Hurney was fired... so who the fug are "they" contacting? Certainly you cannot suggest JR himself being involved in this....

"I'll listen to anyone who can draw a better pie chart than me!"

Posted

If he is leaving, we have to get something for him. Peppers walking was a waste cant dp that twice

Posted

Who are they contacting?

Marty Hurney was fired... so who the fug are "they" contacting? Certainly you cannot suggest JR himself being involved in this....

"I'll listed to anyone who can draw a better pie chart than me!"

Mr. Beane maybe? Probably him and Rivera making that decision

The tweet said Panthers wiiling to listen. Shouldn't they always be willing to listen to offers?

Most teams are always willing to listen to offers.

Posted

If I were the GM of the Packers or the Steelers with running back issues, I'd be saying 'come on down'

and we will then watch our RB run for a 1000 yard and be in the playoffs

while the stupid coaching staff stays in place.

...oh the injustice.

Posted

And how disappointing is it to know he still has plenty of tread left on the tires but we're going to trade him because he doesn't fit in with this stupid ass staff's scheme. Pisses me off when we're basically going to piss away an asset because he doesn't fit the scheme of a staff who won't be here anyway next year.

More like... we are going to try to get something for a guy we dont need and have a better version of in Stewart. Add to that, history tells us time is not on DWills side. Better to move him now while he has SOME value then hang onto him till he has none. Good teams are great at this. We have sucked at this.

Posted

More like... we are going to try to get something for a guy we dont need and have a better version of in Stewart. Add to that, history tells us time is not on DWills side. Better to move him now while he has SOME value then hang onto him till he has none. Good teams are great at this. We have sucked at this.

But, this is why we've sucked at this.

There were rumors of trades available for him last year. We re-signed him, barely use him, and now will trade him when he still has VERY productive years left.

The teams good at this trade or cut guys when they're done and replace them with comparable talent.

Again, the timing is horrible and the handling of the entire situation has been atrocious. I know he's around 30, and he's a RB, but Ricky Williams split carries for the latter half of his career and was effective up through 34 or 35. DLo has never really been used as a workhorse and has stayed relatively healthy throughout his career. He has good years left. I feel the move is predicated by the storm brewing inside the organization, not because it's a sound football move. We won't get maximum value for him.

Posted

I'll take anything for him

Posted

I disagree... he's old now... he will be even older after we rebuild again... 3 years... and useless. Time to stockpile picks NOW and make that GM position even more attractive.

We wont get max value for him, true... but that is b/c of the stupid contract he got.

Posted

Anyone familiar with the situation in Denver and the probability Fox makes a push for his old back?