• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

I'm starting to question the true motivations of those who continually bash Cam, and I doubt it has much to do with football.

To be certain, Cam needs to work on his footwork which will improve his accuracy. But he was more a reason why were close to winning this game than a reason we lost it.

#32 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Good lord. If you see that gif and think "bad playcalling", then you are riding Cam too hard. Cam is the one that sh*t the bed on that play. Watch it again if you have to. He missed a wide open player and you think it was the coaches fault? Some people will continue blaming the coaching staff regardless of what they see in front of them. Cam overthrew Smith in the final drive today. We had to settle for the field goal. The defensive play-calling sure did lose us this game, but a TD in the final drive would have put us in a better position.

that play in seatle was a rollout with him running to his right with a guy chasing him, in his face. the guy leaps as cam gets ready to throw the ball. he jumps a little to get the ball over the defender and doesnt set his feet. thus the ball hits the ground in front of him.

on the play to smith in chicago, how did cam overthrow steve if the point of the ball hit steve smith in the hands? how much better of a throw do you want him to make?

it is as if cam has to make perfect throws on every game or somehow this team loses.

#33 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

Good lord. If you see that gif and think "bad playcalling", then you are riding Cam too hard. Cam is the one that sh*t the bed on that play. Watch it again if you have to. He missed a wide open player and you think it was the coaches fault? Some people will continue blaming the coaching staff regardless of what they see in front of them. Cam overthrew Smith in the final drive today. We had to settle for the field goal. The defensive play-calling sure did lose us this game, but a TD in the final drive would have put us in a better position.

ah yeah that ball was not over thrown.it was placed in between 2 defenders were smitty would have been the only guy to catch it.and he dropped it.

#34 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,029 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

I'm starting to question the true motivations of those who continually bash Cam, and I doubt it has much to do with football.

To be certain, Cam needs to work on his footwork which will improve his accuracy. But he was more a reason why were close to winning this game than a reason we lost it.

I agree with you Jeremy. Cam was not the reason that we lost this game. But, it was not the defense....they played a phenomenal game.

The whole offense is struggling now. We are not finishing drives with TD's. We are not putting teams aways when we have chances.

Cam's play on the field has been good enough. But, this team desperately needs leadership. Now, Cam is onlya 2nd year player and it might be fair to ask him to be the emotional leader of this team. However, as the QB (#1 pick and franchise building player), it is falling on him. It is a lot to bear, and is a tough task. But, his demeanor and actions need to change. Not because he needs to change to get better, but because this team needs it right now.

They need a couple of those late game wins to get out of this funk. Right now, they are expecting to lose. They are the Detroit Lions of a few years ago.....in every game....up in the 3rd and 4th quarters...only to find yet another way to turn a win into a loss.

#35 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,029 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

that play in seatle was a rollout with him running to his right with a guy chasing him, in his face. the guy leaps as cam gets ready to throw the ball. he jumps a little to get the ball over the defender and doesnt set his feet. thus the ball hits the ground in front of him.

on the play to smith in chicago, how did cam overthrow steve if the point of the ball hit steve smith in the hands? how much better of a throw do you want him to make?

it is as if cam has to make perfect throws on every game or somehow this team loses.

The int yesterday was NOT Cam's fault. But, don't try and sugar coat that God Awful throw against Seattle. That was ALL on Cam. He has a 4 yard throw to a wide open TE and threw it 2 yards into the dirt.

#36 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

Cam left the field today with a win... defense handed him another loss.

#37 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

Cam didnt throw the d under the bus either. In his press conference...

"I had full confidence in our defense that they would stop them on the last drive"

#38 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,029 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

Cam didnt throw the d under the bus either. In his press conference...

"I had full confidence in our defense that they would stop them on the last drive"

That statement was not exactly throwing them under the bus, but it is laying this loss on them. He basically said that them not stopping the Bears (after giving up a total of 201 yards...79 rushing yards...6 sacks...2 fumbles...1 int) was the reason they lost.

The reason that we lost is that the offense could not score TD's. They had to settle for 5 FG's and gave up a TD on a Pick 6.

Not blaming just Cam, but the offense has been the issue this year....not the defense. Outside of the Giants game, they have played well. And yesterday, they played as well as you could as them.

#39 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

MadHatter are you really this slow?

In no way did he lay this loss on the defense. And in no way does him saying he has confidence in our D indicate he was blaming this for loss. He said the offense needed more scores in the red zone and gave credit to the D for putting them in good spots.

Now IMO, the defense played well yesterday, but they still cant be trusted with the game on the line, and that has been an major issue for 2 seasons. Chicago's D in the 4th quarter made plays and scored points. Might be why they're the #1 D, they step up big when the game counts.

#40 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

The int yesterday was NOT Cam's fault. But, don't try and sugar coat that God Awful throw against Seattle. That was ALL on Cam. He has a 4 yard throw to a wide open TE and threw it 2 yards into the dirt.

was try to sugar coat it, just explaining what i saw on that play. people act like he was standing still, and the red sea parted and there was the te with noone within 10 sq miles of him. it was a harder throw than people think.

#41 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

Exactly... I am one of the most objective persons I know. I even critique myself as if I was someone else observing with no agenda. Cam Newton makes a couple of mistakes during the course of every game. But so does every other QB in the league.

To those bashing Cam, who would you have replace him - realistically? Peyton and Eli, Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger aren't realistic options. And if you say Clausen or Anderson, then I give up.

#42 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

LOL! WTF?! man i have heard it all now

#43 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

In no way did he lay this loss on the defense. And in no way does him saying he has confidence in our D indicate he was blaming this for loss. He said the offense needed more scores in the red zone and gave credit to the D for putting them in good spots.

Now IMO, the defense played well yesterday, but they still cant be trusted with the game on the line, and that has been an major issue for 2 seasons. Chicago's D in the 4th quarter made plays and scored points. Might be why they're the #1 D, they step up big when the game counts.

i could have taken it if it was just the bears wrs making a spectacular play to win the game. but when it is the SAME PLAY over and over agian that beats them and gets them into field position i cant fathom that.
the offenses job is to score points. period. be it field goals or tds. sometimes you are going to face a team with a stout d and tds may be hard to dome by.
the defense's job is to stop the opponent from scoring. sometimes you may go agianst a team that is more talented offensively than you are defensively.
in either case both sides may have to pick up the other.

it also makes no sense to play the what if game.

#44 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,029 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

He said that he had confidence that the D could stop them, but they didn't. If you can't see that he was blaming the defense for that loss, you are only marginally functioning. But then again, I guess I expect too much from someone with an IQ of about 65.

Our offense could NOT score TD's all day. The defense repeatedly put them in good positions and they could not respond.

#45 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

The funny thing is, this is the first game of the season we had kicked a lot of FGs. I believe we had 3 all season before this game? Our kicker did an OUTSTANDING job yesterday, he deserved the gameball had we pulled it off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.