#46 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,367 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

He said that he had confidence that the D could stop them, but they didn't. If you can't see that he was blaming the defense for that loss, you are only marginally functioning. But then again, I guess I expect too much from someone with an IQ of about 65.

Our offense could NOT score TD's all day. The defense repeatedly put them in good positions and they could not respond.

If yesterday's offensive performance was led by Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme, or Jimmy Clausen...we all know that you would be praising the D and blaming the O. Everyone here knows your agenda and it is pathetic.

#47 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

He said that he had confidence that the D could stop them, but they didn't. If you can't see that he was blaming the defense for that loss, you are only marginally functioning. But then again, I guess I expect too much from someone with an IQ of about 65.

You have your agenda, and hear what you wanna hear. Cam did nothing but praise the D in his press conference. In no way did he say "they didnt get it done", he hung the loss on the O and himself. I'm not surprised you cant see the leadership qualities in a QB like Cam Newton.

#48 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,367 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

You have your agenda, and hear what you wanna hear. Cam did nothing but praise the D in his press conference. In no way did he say "they didnt get it done", he hung the loss on the O and himself. I'm not surprised you cant see the leadership qualities in a QB like Cam Newton.

The only way you can see leadership qualities in Cam is with a microscope....they are almost non existent.

And this has NOTHING to do with race....I say the same thing about Jay Cutler. They guy is selfish and has never been able to lead when things are rocky....just like Cam.

Guy is a hell of an athlete. But his leadership skills are severely lacking....and it is showing.

#49 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

The only way you can see leadership qualities in Cam is with a microscope....they are almost non existent.

Guy is a hell of an athlete. But his leadership skills are severely lacking....and it is showing.

Cam is the biggest leader in that locker room. Our team captains are invisible. If Cam didnt play here, nobody would know Carolina had a team. The fact you cant see intangibles in a person like Cam Newton is not a shock. The fact you're not willing to follow our leader, is not shocking. That'd be like being shocked the sun comes up in the morning.

#50 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

I too think Cam has far to go to be a great leader on the field. Good news is he is young and will mature into it.

#51 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,367 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Cam is the biggest leader in that locker room. Our team captains are invisible. If Cam didnt play here, nobody would know Carolina had a team. The fact you cant see intangibles in a person like Cam Newton is not a shock. The fact you're not willing to follow our leader, is not shocking. That'd be like being shocked the sun comes up in the morning.

Cam in NOT a leader right now.....and it shows.

If Cam were white, you would be calling for him to be benched or traded....and that is a damn fact.

#52 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,367 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

I too think Cam has far to go to be a great leader on the field. Good news is he is young and will mature into it.

This.

I said that it is not really fair to ask a 2nd year player to be the emotional leader of this team. But, as the franchise QB, that role is being forced on him. He needs to realize that small things in his demeanor and behavior would have huge effects on the team. He needs to stop the sulking...stop the isolationism on the sideline. Whether he is all about himself? I don't know. But those kind of behaviors will usually be perceived as such.

This team NEEDS him right now. They need him to be upbeat....they need him to be a cheerleader on the sideline....they need him to rally them when things are down.

#53 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

The same can be said for any young QB. And I still proclaim Cam is the biggest leader in our locker room right now. He deserves to be a team captain.

#54 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

In Hurney's last press conference he said that there wasn't a true leader on offense, and this falls in line with the fairly obvious clues that everyone without extreme Cam blinders on has seen. I'm a huge Cam fan but people who are claiming that Cam is the undisputed leader of the team are being a little delusional at this point. He most definitely has the ability to move into that role, but at this point he has not yet done so.

#55 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

There is no guarantee that he will grow into anything. Has Jay Cutler grown into being a leader? Did Vince Young? Matt Ryan had a C on his chest by year two. He also won football games, but that is a different story.

#56 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

In Hurney's last press conference he said that there wasn't a true leader on offense, and this falls in line with the fairly obvious clues that everyone without extreme Cam blinders on has seen. I'm a huge Cam fan but people who are claiming that Cam is the undisputed leader of the team are being a little delusional at this point. He most definitely has the ability to move into that role, but at this point he has not yet done so.

Well who is the undisputed leader of this offense?

#57 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

There is no guarantee that he will grow into anything. Has Jay Cutler grown into being a leader? Did Vince Young? Matt Ryan had a C on his chest by year two. He also won football games, but that is a different story.

Matt Ryan has never proven to win anything when it matters. He is irrelevant in this discussion. Goodbye!

#58 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Well who is the undisputed leader of this offense?

Umm, do you have a reading comprehension problem? There is NO undisputed leader on the offense, that was the point.

#59 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Matt Ryan has never proven to win anything when it matters. He is irrelevant in this discussion. Goodbye!

That's funny, when you consider all of the deflection that occurs on this board, regarding the Panther's inability to win football games. According to you guys, Cam isn't responsible for the losses. Yet, here you are, trying to pin playoff losses on a "young quarterback".

Matt Ryan>>>>Cam Newton.

Deal with it.

#60 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

The same can be said for any young QB. And I still proclaim Cam is the biggest leader in our locker room right now. He deserves to be a team captain.

Thats true. Very few second year players are great leaders. Peyton Manning took a few years also.

To me, a sign of a great leader on the field is someone who show constant steady leadership. The highs are not too high, the lows are not too low. You take everything with a short memory and move on to the next play. Right now Cam is celebrating touchdowns like it is his first, and sitting by himself on a bench after an interception, not wanting to talk to anyone or review the play. He is all over the charts emotionally.

Players need to see a leader who is even keel and ready for anything that gets thrown our way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.