Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Post Game Show - Link

36 posts in this topic

Posted

That was the ghosts of John Fox, Trgovac and Meeks coming back to haunt the Panthers.... messin' with Rivera's head...

..."soft zone....soft zone.....soft zone...."

time for a coaching staff house cleaning....

Posted

You could have recorded the post-game presser after their first loss and listened to it every week thereafter...nothing changes.

Yep! I miss Marty's segment... Last week was the best! He knew the reaper was coming.

Posted

We all know know should have done something differently. D success in the first half was because they were getting pressure on Cutler. 2nd half....where was that?

Soft zone letting them drive the field when they only needed a fg. Another coach who is afraid to play to win.

Yes everyone is on board with the fact that it was dumb. However this is the first time I have heard Rivera come out and admit it was his fault instead of trying to shift blame.

Posted

Just had Frank Alexander on and if I heard it correctly, they asked him what Rivera had to say in the locker room after the game and he said "I'm not going to speak on/for Rivera. I'm just going to say my piece and leave it at that."

He could've been saying Rivera "just says his piece and leaves it at that, but didn't sound like that...

Posted

Seems to me owners make decisions, Coach's own defeat and wins go to the players. Decisions in Charlotte have not been good for a while with regard to coaching and players so defeat is the likely outcome.If the owner aint selling and the players are not the source of the problem as they are the only one who can carry out the coachs instructions looks like Mr Rivera is out of luck

Posted

U know Cammy... He may or may not show. Seems like a lot more commercials today to fill the void left by Marty's interview.

What is frustrating is how Mick Mixon and Eugene Robinson refuse to criticize the coaches for their in-game decision making but I can hear it in their voices that they believe the poor coaching lost this hard faught game for our team.

Posted

When do the post game interview videos get posted on Panthers.com?

Posted

We've been shutting the Bears down all game using style A defense.

Last drive I think we should try style B defense, HERP - Rivera

That fuger is a serious piece of work. I always laugh when guys try to say that we are couch gms or coaches. I don't know a single person that would have ran that soft zone coverage.

You play what got you in the position to win.

Posted

Nobody wants to blame the coach's but they are to blame...the players do what they are told or they dont play, if they play and dont deliver on expectations it can only be due to coaching...the coach was hired by the owner..the personel decisions around Charlotte have never been good..

Posted

I didn't hear the presser, but if he admitted to calling the soft zone on the final drive; Richardson should fire him tomorrow.

No excuses for that. None whatsoever for letting Marshall beat you on the same play four straight times.

Posted

I understand the need for soft coverages to prevent the over-the-top big play...but ONLY in certain situations when time is on your side.

It makes no difference if you allow 10 yard hitch routes every play five/six times in a row or play it tight and risk a 50/60 yarder...the end result is nearly the same if there is more than a minute left on the clock. I'd take my chances on tight coverage to allow my pass rush to be effective like it has been for much of the day.

Posted

Matt Bowen, the analyst and former player said it looked like we were playing quarters and leaving Norman in a zone to the outside every play. Obviously, the slant is a given.