29 replies to this topic

#1 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

So, Cam is criticized for not leading late game drives for lead-taking points. Well, he does today.

We lose because the other team drives from their own 22 and wins the game.

And you STILL blame Newton?

STFU and GTFO.

#2 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

its happened mutliple times and people still say its newton's fault..its mind boggling

#3 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

• ALL-PRO
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

they are probably butthurt about the pick 6 with 6 min to go...

#4 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Either way, we have the lead late and it's on the coaching staff and defense to close the game out. Cam and the offense did it's job. They got us the lead. All the defense has to do is got off the field. Rivera calls soft zone coverage, defense can't make a stop, game over.

#5 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Offense and defense share the blame for this loss. IMO

#6 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,997 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

in which case they should be butthurt at steve smith for falling down on the route.

#7 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Cam should come out in his press conference and take responsibility for the defense flaking out on that last drive

#8 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Offense and defense share the blame for this loss. IMO

I don't see it that way. We had 400+ yards of offense. Bears had, what, around 200 or so, most of that coming late in the game? Sure, Smitty falling on that route resulted in 7 easy points, but when you have a late lead and your defense can't make a stop, that's coaching/execution. Since Rivera admitted to playing soft zone, I'd say it is solely on coaching, since we didn't play soft zone all game and we did just fine.

#9 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

I posted this in another topic but I'm going to post it again.
Cam's accuracy is horrible this year. It's like every other pass he's throwing to no-mans land. I'm not saying this whole season is his fault but he's defiantly a contributor. I'm tired of seeing him acting like a cry baby after every game too. He needs to at least take responsibility, man up, and act like he's the leader of this team. You never see that whiny mentality with the elite QB's in this game.

#10 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

I posted this in another topic but I'm going to post it again.
Cam's accuracy is horrible this year. It's like every other pass he's throwing to no-mans land. I'm not saying this whole season is his fault but he's defiantly a contributor. I'm tired of seeing him acting like a cry baby after every game too. He needs to at least take responsibility, man up, and act like he's the leader of this team. You never see that whiny mentality with the elite QB's in this game.

He had some bad throws this game, as does every QB. Sure, it sucks and it's frustrating, but I don't think it lead to THIS loss in particular. Late game lead, defense can't get off the field.

#11 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Kid can't catch a break

#12 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,292 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Cam passer rating 57. Neither int was his fault. But 20 of 39 is not getting the job done, IMO.

#13 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

He had some bad throws this game, as does every QB. Sure, it sucks and it's frustrating, but I don't think it lead to THIS loss in particular. Late game lead, defense can't get off the field.

20-39 passing. Yes, it played a huge part. Just think if some of those horrible passes were completions... We may have been hitting TDs instead of FGs.

#14 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Cam passer rating 57. Neither int was his fault. But 20 of 39 is not getting the job done, IMO.

True, but there were a couple of drops I can recall and a few batted balls. Let's adjust that, and assume those are completions. You're at 25/39, and that is a 64% completion percentage, which is upper-tier in this league. Sure, coulda woulda shoulda, and sure, his passes were BADLY off at times today, but he didn't play bad by any stretch.

#15 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Yes, the offense and defense made some mistakes today but no team plays a perfect game. This loss is on the COACHING STAFF! Playing a soft zone when a FG can win the game of the opponent is insane! Reminds me of how we got abused by Barden in the Giants game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com