32 replies to this topic

#16 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

No draft pick is worth embarrassing your franchise for weeks on end.

I'm tired of people laughing at this team. Even our own fans are bitter bitches who troll the rest of the board.

Uhhh if you don't already see this franchise as an embarrassment then you should get your eyes checked. There's way too much talent on the roster to be 1-6 and every week the losses have been embarrassing. They play hard for 58 minutes, and give the game away at the end. Players, coaches, it's everyone. This team is cursed.

So yes, I'm looking forward to the #1 draft pick because it's a guarantee at this point.

#17 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 908 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

What #1 draft pick would be worth dumping the rest of the season for? Who's worth losing that many games when we know coaching is the problem here?

The franchise is embarrassing right now...to think we're perennial bottom feeders like the Browns or the Chiefs is sickening. But we have the talent, not the know-how at the top.

#18 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Uhhh if you don't already see this franchise as an embarrassment then you should get your eyes checked. There's way too much talent on the roster to be 1-6 and every week the losses have been embarrassing. They play hard for 58 minutes, and give the game away at the end. Players, coaches, it's everyone. This team is cursed.

So yes, I'm looking forward to the #1 draft pick because it's a guarantee at this point.

I missed the part where I said we aren't an embarrassment currently. I'm not content with mediocrity.

Thanks for reaffirming the second part of my post.

#19 Panic

Panic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

hurney getting fired gave me the infusion of perspective i needed to get me through the rest of the season.

Well Said

#20 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

but but but we could still go 10-6........

#21 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

I have serious questions about having the #1 pick this year. I'd probably rather have #2 because it should be easier to trade back with. Hopefully someone will come calling for a QB.

#22 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,147 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I'm tired of people laughing at this team. Even our own fans are bitter bitches who troll the rest of the board.

Yeah. If we get the #1 pick we will probably be 2-14. That is not worth a #1

#23 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • -24,950 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Just fire that horrible head coach already. Im so over it.

#24 Newtons2ndLaw

Newtons2ndLaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Posted Image

#25 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

I have serious questions about having the #1 pick this year. I'd probably rather have #2 because it should be easier to trade back with. Hopefully someone will come calling for a QB.

I don't think this applies anymore. The changes that happened with the new CBA made it easier to trade up. Look at what happened in this draft. Teams that need a QB will give up a kings ransom for one next year. Just some that I can think of.

Kansas City, Bills, Jaguars, possibly the Jets if they just stink it up and Rex gets fired.

#26 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

I don't think this applies anymore. The changes that happened with the new CBA made it easier to trade up. Look at what happened in this draft. Teams that need a QB will give up a kings ransom for one next year. Just some that I can think of.

Kansas City, Bills, Jaguars, possibly the Jets if they just stink it up and Rex gets fired.

I hope so because I don't now if we can attain enough draft picks to fix this poo.
Would be a good start though.

#27 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Well at least I didn't rent out my fandom to an opposing NFC south team...like some people.

Just tired of being let down by this team. I don't want us to go 1-15 though. I'd say 5-11 or 4-12 would be fine with me. Although I'm cringing about the thought of winning 3-4 games..

You know you are not a bad fan. You will be here with the rest of us in the off-season arguing who we should draft. I don't think we will have the first pick. My guess is third. We will win a few, probably 4 or 5 games. Just ride it out with the rest of us.

#28 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

I wonder how much of Normans issues are coaching related, he looks nice out there.

I think he has great potential, but needs to play up more on the WR.

I don't see him having the physical tools being able to constantly press guys...he's a very thin guy..not much strength or power compared to a guy like Brandon Marshall.

He gets the job done for a 5th rounder though. It's the teams fault for failing to find a top CB in the draft over recent years

#29 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Agreed... The fans are turning agiants each other like a bunch of damn wild animals... ya know, kinda like Panthers.

CONTROL YOURSELVES! Lol!

At least the organization is heading in a different direction, maybe not the right direction but at least JR is trying something different in 2013. Only time will tell if the decisions made are the right ones. In the meantime, we just have to get our kicks by enjoying the college football scene and alcoholic beverages.

#30 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

I think the only thing wrong with him is that he's a small school rookie. That's not his fault and he's done some nice things. Complete fail on us as an org for having to choose between him and Munnerlyn to start at CB#2.

Yeah. I know it's crazy, but every time one of them gets burned, I can't help but think about how the Falcons got Samuel for a 7th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com