Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lout

Nortman shank

43 posts in this topic

Reminds me of Tommy Hibbard's punt for UNC on Saturday. But he ended up killing the rest of them, and throwing for 2 two point conversions I believe. Redemption.

I know the stats might not show it but he's been punting pretty well so far. Usually gets good hangtime that allows our guys to be able to stop a return.

He was clearly too worried about the kick which made him shank it and the wind made it worse.

And lol he does not suck IMO.

What's up with this guy? Two weeks in a row? Our entire kicking game is kinda shaky. Gonna need to bring in some more real competition if this keeps up.

Anger is a rookie and avgs 49.3 ypp (5th in the league).

To bad he was off the board before we were ready.

I'd prefer cheap proven vets. But whatever

Medlock nailed 5 in a game

Norman has been decent... Minus 2 shanks

I mentioned in one of the threads yesterday... I think it is because of what the coaching staff is asking him to do - I mean, how they are asking him to punt it.

On the replay of the last punt where he was run into, he clearly is dropping the nose of the ball as he kicks it, appearing to do the rugby style punt that Rivera has talked about in the past when he said it was a strategy for success against guys like Devin Hester. So, I think they're asking him to punt in a manner he wasn't used to and that's where the shanks are coming in.

Did we all forget how he punted it down to the 2? Had enough hangtime for us to field it... He's done it plenty of other games too... Setup that pick 6 we had on Brees and got Matt Ryan down at the 1....

I mentioned in one of the threads yesterday... I think it is because of what the coaching staff is asking him to do - I mean, how they are asking him to punt it.

On the replay of the last punt where he was run into, he clearly is dropping the nose of the ball as he kicks it, appearing to do the rugby style punt that Rivera has talked about in the past when he said it was a strategy for success against guys like Devin Hester. So, I think they're asking him to punt in a manner he wasn't used to and that's where the shanks are coming in.

Well, perhaps you're right, and Nortman is a little uncomfortable with what they are asking him to do (which begs a whole lot of questions). If this is the case, his unease is making fans uneasy as well.

On every punt, I am beginning to get that same feeling I had when AE was fielding punts, and that's not a good feeling.

Drew Butler has looked better so far. Still wondering why Hurney chose Nortman over Butler.

Meh, not too terribly worried about Nortman at this point. The good has far outweighed the bad and I think the shanks were anamolies. That being said, if we go into the next couple of games and its still happening, I will be all aboard the get him outta here bandwagon.

Embarrassing. It happens. Just be glad you did not have to be him as he walked off the field

Should have drafted Anger.

Yea we should've wasted a 3rd for a punter.