Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new GM and new coach in 2013 need to sit Cam behind a vet QB

134 posts in this topic

Posted

Mentally, Cam Newton is about as weak right now as I've ever seen any quarterback ever. He's in mental shambles. I think the one chance to save his career in Carolina is to sign or trade for a veteran QB in 2013 that Cam can sit behind. I think this would have been best for him all along, get some of these crushingly high expectations off of him for a second and just let the guy regain his composure so he can FINALLY learn proper footwork, FINALLY learn how to pass inside the 10, FINALLY learn how to pick up a key first down or touchdown through the air late in the 4th quarter. Every time he has to go out there and learn on the fly, it's stacking up even more pressure on him when he fails time and time again.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but whatever. Thoughts?

Posted

You gotta be sh*tting me. Cam is 23 years old, he will get his sh*t together next year. I swear some of yall need go die.

1 person likes this

Posted

Did you submit this to the suggestion box?

Posted

Yes, bench the new face of your franchise.

God this forum makes no sense.

Posted

i don't know, maybe.

whatever. the next coaching staff is going to have their own ideas.

Posted

Okay, what actual reason do you have to believe that he WILL indeed get that "poo" together? Just blind faith.

Posted

Holy poo I swear I can feel brain cells dying with some of the stuff I read on here

Posted

Ps Rivera will be here next year.

Posted

Again, the read option has made Cam regress. It will be a little while before he can get back to his 2011 form. Chud is still calling too many shotgun plays btw also.

Posted

Yeah because finding a vet and pretty much benching Cam is really gonna help his mental state. He is our cornerstone, he's the man we're moving forward with.

Posted

I love your posts SMF....but, cam played great today. Minus his goal line fumble, those two ints were a result of a slip, and Olsen not running to the ball/great defensive play..

Posted

All of you with Cam pics in your forum signatures maybe aren't the most unbiased observers. If you're going to sit here and tell me Cam Newton is a good starter in this league right now, you are flat out mistaken. If you have a quarterback playing well, you absolutely aren't 1-6 in the league of 2012 no matter how bad the rest of your team is.