Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new GM and new coach in 2013 need to sit Cam behind a vet QB

134 posts in this topic

Posted

Lets bench Cam

Not get him a top WR prospect

Guys are open time and time again late in games and inside the 10 and Cam is just missing them in those spots about as badly as one can miss. Seriously Clausen-esque.

2 people like this

Posted

MaulClaw posted this the other day and got martyred for it.

For good reason.

Posted

MaulClaw posted this the other day and got martyred for it.

sam mills fan has been posting here for years and was right about a bunch of stuff re: john fox, marty hurney, jimmy clausen, jake delhomme, dwayne jarrett, etc.

maulclaw doesn't like our quarterback and that's the one thing he posts about.

Posted

I respectfully disagree with the OP.

The first time this "vet QB" throws a pick at home, how long does it take for the "We Want Cam" chants to start? You drafted Cam as a high-risk, high-reward prospect and showed faith by starting him from day one. You don't go back now.

Did this happen with Kurt Warner and Eli? It might have, I honestly don't remember.

Posted

And I thought these threads couldn't get any worse

Posted

O_o

Posted

silly OP, you cant criticize cam here

Posted

All of you with Cam pics in your forum signatures maybe aren't the most unbiased observers. If you're going to sit here and tell me Cam Newton is a good starter in this league right now, you are flat out mistaken. If you have a quarterback playing well, you absolutely aren't 1-6 in the league of 2012 no matter how bad the rest of your team is.

Ah my good friend, but the converse is not necessarily true. You can have a QB playing at the the level of Newton and NOT be 1-6.

Jay Cutler proves that logic.

Its funny how people on here go as far as ADMITTING that this team is bad, AT THE SAME time expecting a second year QB to CARRY said bad team they ALREADY admitted was bad.

Once again, the fans of Carolina need to hold the ENTIRE team to the level you have for a second year QB.

Until then, Cam is well on his way to becoming the NFL's version of Lebron James.

Posted

I'd only put like, 25% of the blame on Cam for his 7-16 record. He just needs to play and work out his mistakes. It would help if he had a competent coaching staff around him that could make adjustments when things weren't going well and could make solid play calls with the game on the line.

Posted

Okay, what actual reason do you have to believe that he WILL indeed get that "poo" together? Just blind faith.

The fact that he had his sh*t together last year. He is not just going to fall of the face of the earth.

You people are a joke. I swear it's like none of you know anything about football.

Posted

I know someone just didn't compare Cam to Clausen....

Posted

Guys are open time and time again late in games and inside the 10 and Cam is just missing them in those spots about as badly as one can miss. Seriously Clausen-esque.

Ok, but you don't bench him. How is that going to help

You go through it and learn. I think our expectations are super high based off last year

You ask me, 40 passes is too much when you have all of your money into the backfield. If you want to throw that many times, make sure you have some receiving weapons to get those yards and TD's