Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers' offensive woes late in games this season documented

39 posts in this topic

Posted

No excuse for Atlanta. As for today, the Bears had the ball at the 22 with a timeout and 2 minute warning to go with 2:27 left on the clock. Most quarterbacks can get a field goal out of that in the league of today. Besides, the defense was missing Gamble after all. Which offensive playmaker are the Panthers missing?

This year, it seems an OC with a brain (although today was much, much better).

Posted

In reality however I'd chalk it up to playing not to lose.

Seems about right

Posted

You know those turnovers and sacks the defense was getting earlier would have been nice in that situation.

Same thing happened against ATL. Sack Ryan until blue in the face...the time to step up and get off the field they allow Ryan to sit in the pocket long enough for our pathetic free agent safety to give up 50 yard bombs...

This defense not a very good situtional defense. Just like the OP claims Cam is not a good situational QB... the defense is far worse...

I truely believe that if Carolina scores 40 points the defense would give up 45. EVERYTIME we need A STOP...just one...the defense...save NO...falls apart.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow, now we've stooped to 'reverse racism'. It's not that serious. Cam Newton is a 23 year old QB that is devoted to improving his craft and becoming all that his fans expect and deserve. Is he there yet? No sir, not even close. Is he light years above any QB this team has ever put on the field. All day long, and twice on Sundays...

Say what you want...but if Blaine Gabbert was here you know what everyone would be saying.

Posted

Hey, OP, you can't say ANYTHING negative about Cam here. Please edit your post. Thanks.

Posted

Situational problems in general for a team are typically a good window into the stunning realization of poor coaching

I'm wondering if we even do 2:00/end game simulations at practice because it sure as hell looks like we don't AT ALL

Posted

Same thing happened against ATL. Sack Ryan until blue in the face...the time to step up and get off the field they allow Ryan to sit in the pocket long enough for our pathetic free agent safety to give up 50 yard bombs...

This defense not a very good situtional defense. Just like the OP claims Cam is not a good situational QB... the defense is far worse...

I truely believe that if Carolina scores 40 points the defense would give up 45. EVERYTIME we need A STOP...just one...the defense...save NO...falls apart.

I can't remember who posted it but we've been losing as a team this entire season. There is no point to blaming all our loses on a 2nd year QB.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey, OP, you can't say ANYTHING negative about Cam here. Please edit your post. Thanks.

If you're going to post at least argue your point. If you can't effectively then don't post more whining that it's somehow unfair. That's just fuging retarded.

Posted

I can't remember who posted it but we've been losing as a team this entire season. There is no point to blaming all our loses on a 2nd year QB.

It's true. We have too many options to blame.

Posted

We really can't run the ball, which is hurting us up close.

Posted

No, you can, it just has to have some semblance of logic.

For example, "Cam has got to learn how to get his feet under him when he throws." Valid.

"Cam has got to learn to keep Smitty from slipping because if Smitty does & it's a pick 6 there's no way the Defense can stop Cutler from running the same play 3-4 times to get into field goal range." Invalid

2 people like this

Posted

This post lacks real information and is biased as fug. SMF is the worst.