Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The question is, will JR really pay something to manage and coach this team..

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We've been down this road. When Fox got fired, everybody was excited, and then Jerry went bargain shopping and we ended up with the piece of hot garbage known as Ron Rivera and his staff. This is in contrast to 2002 when he was out there trying to get guys like Dungy to come here. If he isn't willing to pay somebody qualified, then just keep Rivera. No need to take the fanbase through this rollercoaster again, only to end up like trash.

Posted · Report post

Admit it you want a celebrity coach and you're hiding it by seeing it as a cost issue.

Posted · Report post

Wasn't Fox the highest paid coach at some point?

I think Rivera is here because he and Hurney were married to getting a qualified assistant.

JR throws money around, he isn't cheap.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Admit it you want a celebrity coach and you're hiding it by seeing it as a cost issue.

I want a good coach.

Posted · Report post

Given how young Newton and this whole team still is, I really do think getting a proven HC type is crucial to our development. I don't want to end up taking a chance on another coordinator that could end up being a great coordinator but bad HC.

For GM and HC, its not going for a celebrity but at least a guy you know can elevate us to at the very least mediocrity again and potentially greatness.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I want a good coach.

Everyone does but are you gonna be upset if we were to hire someone that isn't well known?

People keep calling JR cheap because he went with Rivera but never mind the fact he was a hot assistant at the time.

Posted · Report post

JR has to hit a home run on the GM and HC or he's going to lose this fan base entirely.

Posted · Report post

I want a coach that will be the face of this franchise to pair with Cam like Brady/Bill Brees/Payton if your not a panthers fan chances are you've never heard of Ron Rivera. For those who say they feel bad because he is a nice guy well think of this He robbed us for 11 million dollars. More money than most of us will ever see. I don't feel bad for him I feel bad for me because I skip church to watch this mess ever Sunday I'm cool with going to Hell if the panthers are winning but at this rate it's looking bad for my soul

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I want a coach that will be the face of this franchise to pair with Cam like Brady/Bill Brees/Payton if your not a panthers fan chances are you've never heard of Ron Rivera. For those who say they feel bad because he is a nice guy well think of this He robbed us for 11 million dollars. More money than most of us will ever see. I don't feel bad for him I feel bad for me because I skip church to watch this mess ever Sunday I'm cool with going to Hell if the panthers are winning but at this rate it's looking bad for my soul

I understand that you are a fan but I think you need to seriously re-evaluate your decision making here. lol! I typically DVR the game and fast forward thru the commercials to catch up to real-time... With all the damn commercials during NFL games nowadays you need to give it about an 90 minute head start anyway. ...Not trying to telly you what to do, just an idea to help you enjoy (if you wanna call watching the Panthers enjoyable) both.

I like the team and all but I aint willing to trade my soul for this garbage. lol!

Posted · Report post

Given how young Newton and this whole team still is, I really do think getting a proven HC type is crucial to our development. I don't want to end up taking a chance on another coordinator that could end up being a great coordinator but bad HC.

For GM and HC, its not going for a celebrity but at least a guy you know can elevate us to at the very least mediocrity again and potentially greatness.

I agree.... I do not want another cooridinator or even a college HC. I want someone who has had success coaching at the NFL level. I am not sure how real of list that might be; but at least that is the direction I would prefer.

Posted · Report post

I understand that you are a fan but I think you need to seriously re-evaluate your decision making here. lol! I typically DVR the game and fast forward thru the commercials to catch up to real-time... With all the damn commercials during NFL games nowadays you need to give it about an 90 minute head start anyway. ...Not trying to telly you what to do, just an idea to help you enjoy (if you wanna call watching the Panthers enjoyable) both.

I like the team and all but I aint willing to trade my soul for this garbage. lol!

Lol I already go into work later on Sundays I still record the games so that I can go back and watch but I think this Sunday I will be in church

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

JR is not cheap, just take a look at how we are constantly overpaying for players and up against the cap.

If it helps any, JR probably wants to win more than any of us, this team is his legacy.

If he wants to live to see the Panthers win a Super Bowl, this may very well be his last shot.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments