15 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Is Jerry willing to open up the wallet and sling some major coin at this guy? I know he is supposed to be the Ravens next gm, but everyone has a price right? Dude is only 41 & has been with them from the begining. They draft well and make good personel decision. When its time to let someone go they turn them loose and dont over pay guys just because. Any one have anything negative to say?

#2 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hasn't he already turned down interviews for a GM job because he is the hair apparent in Baltimore and wants to be there?

#3 smittyceo

smittyceo

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hasn't he already turned down interviews for a GM job because he is the hair apparent in Baltimore and wants to be there?

Richardson could throw money at him if he wanted him bad enough.

#4 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,324 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

He's locked up tighter than a gnat's ass in Bodymore. Ain't gonna happen.

#5 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Honestly, as much as I want him he won't have to be the savior we want him to be when he takes Newsome's place. Being in the Bmore front office is 1000x more appealing right now than the Panthers. He won't have nearly as much pressure as he would here.

#6 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

How much is fixing this poo storm worth to jerry? And honestly he can take jerrys money and just go back to baltimore when newsome retires if we arent winning super bowls. I mean newsome is 54 not 70. If this is a place he thinks he can be successful (not sure it is) i dont see why not. Lots of people refuse jobs because the situation and money isnt right. If he declines the job thats one thing, but not making every effort to get the best is no longer an option for richardson.

#7 Guest_shitposting_*

Guest_shitposting_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Only way I could see this happening is if Rivera and Chud were fired tomorrow and the Panthers went on to pull out 8 wins.

#8 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

How much is fixing this poo storm worth to jerry? And honestly he can take jerrys money and just go back to baltimore when newsome retires if we arent winning super bowls. I mean newsome is 54 not 70. If this is a place he thinks he can be successful (not sure it is) i dont see why not. Lots of people refuse jobs because the situation and money isnt right. If he declines the job thats one thing, but not making every effort to get the best is no longer an option for richardson.

With Ozzie, the first chance he gets at the Bama AD job he's taking it. Granted the Bama AD has it made right now but who knows what lies down the road. The Ravens have Decosta there incase that opportunity arises quicker than people think.

And I think I've heard rumblings that Mal Moore, the current ad, might retire soon. SEC fans of you could help me with that with any conformation :)

#9 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Dont you hate organizations that plan ahead? Smh :(

#10 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

It sucks but when you have an in house prodigy like that it makes things so much easier doesn't it lol

#11 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,775 posts

DeCosta has turned down Indianapolis, Chicago, and St. Louis (three teams that have a heritage, even if St. Louis is awful right now) as places to be general manager to stay with the Ravens. He's pretty much not going to entertain any offers from this joke franchise with our joke owner.

#12 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Money talks. Will Muschamp was the heir to the Texas juggernaut and left it for the right price.

How long before DeCosta would take over in Baltimore?

#13 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Yea he isn't going anywhere and I don't blame him

#14 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Money talks. Will Muschamp was the heir to the Texas juggernaut and left it for the right price.

How long before DeCosta would take over in Baltimore?

You're forgetting our owner hasn't had an official contract drawn up for his last General Manager in like the last 2 or 3 years. Hurney probably was compensated enough to make a living, but honestly it's probably less than what Baltimore was paying DeCosta to be an assistant.

#15 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

DeCosta has turned down Indianapolis, Chicago, and St. Louis (three teams that have a heritage, even if St. Louis is awful right now) as places to be general manager to stay with the Ravens. He's pretty much not going to entertain any offers from this joke franchise with our joke owner.

Let's just end this thread now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.