Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Rivera Scared

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

the only issue i see is regarding starting field position. we may have gotten into the endzone more had we started off closer on at least one of those drives.

I'm not saying it was the best strategy but people want to bash the coaching now, it's the popular thing to do. We know by now this team sucks but it's become a competition to figure out how to blame every single thing on the coaching staff as if people don't want to pin an ounce of blame on the players for bad play.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm not saying it was the best strategy but people want to bash the coaching now, it's the populare thing to do. We know by now this team sucks but it's become a competition to figure out how to blame every single thing on the coaching staff as if people don't want to pin an ounce of blame on the players for bad play.

agreed.

of all the things to complain about regarding the coaching staff, this one is rather weak.

i guess if you're going to nit-pick, tho, have at it.

Posted · Report post

agreed.

of all the things to complain about regarding the coaching staff, this one is rather weak.

i guess if you're going to nit-pick, tho, have at it.

They were held to 7 points into the 4th quarter and bad plays by our players blew it. How can that be overlooked?

Posted · Report post

They were held to 7 points into the 4th quarter and bad plays by our players blew it. How can that be overlooked?

well...bad plays and bad coverage scheme at the end.

it's the same story every week. combo of bad playcalling and mistakes by players at the wrong time.

no one gets off the hook.

Posted · Report post

I started this off by complaining about a coaching staff that went beyond playing conservative to just plain outright scared. I really disagree that this team sucks. I think they have great players on both sides of the ball. I do give credit to the players for great play on defense as well as offense.

The pressure on Cutler was brought by a four man rush which cause six sacks, two fumbles, and one and a half interceptions. I give credit to the D line, a historically weak O line for Cutler and good coverage by our secondary. All in all though none of those playcalls showed any type of aggressive play to me.

As far as players that need to be held accountable, the worst play of the game in my mind is Nortman's kick. Whose bad play lost this game?

Posted · Report post

Whose bad play lost this game?

Nortman's kick

The pick six, whether it was on Newton or Smith or both or just bad luck due to a "slip" but it was a player issue regardless.

Posted · Report post

But you have no problem with the play being a quick pass on a timed route. This coaching staff on all sides of the ball has no faith in their players. That wasn't a bad decision made by Cam that's where he was supposed to put the ball. So ultimately you blame Steve Smith for slipping. I would've rather had a play where Cam could have at least looked at what the defense, which he had been picking apart all day, gave him.

Cam had over 300 yards passing. Smith had over 100 yards receiving. You're right they both deserve the blame.

Posted · Report post

But you have no problem with the play being a quick pass on a timed route. This coaching staff on all sides of the ball has no faith in their players. That wasn't a bad decision made by Cam that's where he was supposed to put the ball. So ultimately you blame Steve Smith for slipping. I would've rather had a play where Cam could have at least looked at what the defense, which he had been picking apart all day, gave him.

You can't have it both ways. They had the confidence in them to throw a risky pass on that part of the field. You can't call that the safe option.

Posted · Report post

That's not a risky play. The only thing that can go wrong during a play like that is the receiver slipping or the quarterback dropping the snap. That's about it.

Posted · Report post

Agreed. Ron is a big fat puss and I can't wait until he's out of Carolina and his vagina is somewhere else.

Put a lot of thought into that one, eh?

Posted · Report post

That's not a risky play. The only thing that can go wrong during a play like that is the receiver slipping or the quarterback dropping the snap. That's about it.

CBs jump those routes for TDs more than just about any route I've seen.

Posted · Report post

CBs jump those routes for TDs more than just about any route I've seen.

essentially a pick 6 waiting to happen.