#16 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Team: A+

Coaching: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFPosted Image (And that is grading on a curve)

the staff came in with a great game plan and the players excuted it.

we took away their biggest weapon....Hester.

this game came down to a couple plays that didn't go our way.

if there is no shanked punt or a smitty slip........... we arn't even having this discussion.

#17 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

And McDermott too. I wouldn't mind keeping Chud if he continues to progress with his play calling.

They all must go. This team needs an enema.

#18 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Is cj not part of our defensive core too? He is only 26

#19 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

the staff came in with a great game plan and the players excuted it.

we took away their biggest weapon....Hester.

this game came down to a couple plays that didn't go our way.

if there is no shanked punt or a smitty slip........... we arn't even having this discussion.

Those things don't happen if this coaching staff wasn't scared stiff. We aren't shanking punts if we weren't so afraid of Hester. Even if Smitty didn't slip, we probably weren't going to score, and the Bears would have gotten the ball back and scored. Rivera played scared, and this was evident from the beginning of the game.

The players are the only reason we had a lead. The coaches lost it.

#20 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Those things don't happen if this coaching staff wasn't scared stiff. We aren't shanking punts if we weren't so afraid of Hester. Even if Smitty didn't slip, we probably weren't going to score, and the Bears would have gotten the ball back and scored. Rivera played scared, and this was evident from the beginning of the game.

The players are the only reason we had a lead. The coaches lost it.

well, if playing scared let's us whip teams like the bears on the road..........

then I'm all in for "playing scared"

ps.....the coaching staff had nothing to do with the shanked punt or smitty slipping.

#21 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

well, if playing scared let's us whip teams like the bears on the road..........

then I'm all in for "playing scared"

ps.....the coaching staff had nothing to do with the shanked punt or smitty slipping.

So you want to get beat in the last two minutes of every game? That is what you will get with Rivera and this staff. You forget the only reason they changed the gameplan was because of Hurney's firing. This staff is incompentent to the umpteenth degree. Are you arguing they should remain in place for next year?

Coaching put us in this situation. You mention the shanked punt, you're asking a rookie punter to kick the ball out of bounds because of Hester, what do you expect in such a fearful position? Smitty fell, but like I said, the Bears would have gotten the ball back anyway. Besides, why in the world are we throwing the ball in that situation. The play should have been a run to eat time off the clock. Stupid coaching lost us the game.

#22 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Also if we look at the int with Smitty's fall, the ball was overthrown. I believe that would have been an int anyway even if Steve didn't fall, but he would have been in position to tackle Jennings.

#23 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Also if we look at the int with Smitty's fall, the ball was overthrown. I believe that would have been an int anyway even if Steve didn't fall, but he would have been in position to tackle Jennings.

Don't agree. The ball was high, not overthrown. It would have been a catch by Smitty in the air, or a drop by Smitty. If he raises his hands flatfooted the ball tips them.

#24 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

So you want to get beat in the last two minutes of every game? That is what you will get with Rivera and this staff. You forget the only reason they changed the gameplan was because of Hurney's firing. This staff is incompentent to the umpteenth degree. Are you arguing they should remain in place for next year?

Coaching put us in this situation. You mention the shanked punt, you're asking a rookie punter to kick the ball out of bounds because of Hester, what do you expect in such a fearful position? Smitty fell, but like I said, the Bears would have gotten the ball back anyway. Besides, why in the world are we throwing the ball in that situation. The play should have been a run to eat time off the clock. Stupid coaching lost us the game.

I said the coaches came in with a great game plan.

and I see your blaming smitty's slip and a shanked punt on coaching.

#25 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

I said the coaches came in with a great game plan.

and I see your blaming smitty's slip and a shanked punt on coaching.

I blame the shanked punt on coaching. Also, we aren't having this conversation if they didn't allow the Bears to play pitch and catch on the final drive. We aren't having this conversation if they dumped the read option after the Giants game. (If they never applied the read option) We aren't having this conversation if they didn't allow Roddy White to get behind the defense 60 yards down the field. I can go on and on...... It's the same story, different chapter.

#26 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

I blame the shanked punt on coaching. Also, we aren't having this conversation if they didn't allow the Bears to play pitch and catch on the final drive. We aren't having this conversation if they dumped the read option after the Giants game. (If they never applied the read option) We aren't having this conversation if they didn't allow Roddy White to get behind the defense 60 yards down the field. I can go on and on...... It's the same story, different chapter.

then you will blame anything on the coaching.

btw.....if your going to blame them then you need to give them credit for taking away

one of the bears biggest weapons ie....Hester and their special teams.

#27 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Its like watching the same movie over and over. And you always know how the ending is gonna go. Same script, same director.

This summer I want the Panthers to come out with a movie called The Expendables starring Ron Rivera, and some of the Panther vets and scrubs.

#28 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

then you will blame anything on the coaching.

btw.....if your going to blame them then you need to give them credit for taking away

one of the bears biggest weapons ie....Hester and their special teams.

They didn't take him away at all. The shanked punt was a Hester play. Besides, Hester haven't done nothing all year, they even squibbed the ball when all the Bears needed was a field goal at the end of the game. This staff is hilarious.

By the way, kickoffs have been moved up last time I checked. Our kicker should have been able to kick the ball through the endzone, making the Bears start at the 20. Would that not be taking away Hester more effectively? To me the gameplan was, "We might get beat by an interception return for a TD, we might get beat by Cutler and Marshall playing catch, but we'll be jacked up if we get beat by Hester's return game!" Awesome plan Rivera!

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

overall the team did better than it has most of the season. couple stupid mistakes leading to INTs but for the most part well played and well coached...up until the last 5-10 minutes.

tried to protect a lead rather than doing what had been working incredibly well all game. took the foot off the gas and lost the game.

rivera and this coaching staff is not clutch at all. they can't handle the idea of success and constantly shoot themselves in the foot.

i am more than ready to move on at this point. i've seen more than enough. no one could have anticipated how bad this would be turning out. it's almost as bad as clausen at QB. most of us weren't expecting a star, more just an average QB, but what we got was the worst QB in the league.

i'm sure rivera is one of the best DCs in the league...but he's got no business being a HC.

one thing i know...i don't want anymore coordinators as HC and i sure don't want a DC as one. i didn't want one last time. i wanted an offensive minded coach. i wanted jim harbaugh.

let's get someone with HC experience next time for game management skills and let's get someone known for being consistently aggressive. chances are you aren't going to find that in a DC.

#30 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

I hear people everywhere going "the coaches came in with a great gameplan" and giving them a lot of credit. They made some changes under duress after Hurney was used to send a message to them that noone is safe then they poo the bed in the game when it mattered.

Here's all we need to know about our coaching staff. We have lost games this year by: 6, 2, 4, 5, and 1. Consistently losing close games is indisputably a coaching problem. A well coached team finds a way to win some of those games. A poorly coached team finds a way to lose them. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com