51 replies to this topic

#16 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

Norman, Alexander, and Kuechly. Hurney's last draft may have given us 3 great cornerstone pieces to rebuilding our defense.

#17 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woySeSNBL3o&noredirect=1

Shouldn't you be drafting your next incredibly stupid post?

#18 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,971 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Shouldn't you be drafting your next incredibly stupid post?

No, I'm studying yours to gather up more material. Thanks. Keep posting. Will read again. Okay, I probably won't but please, keep 'em coming!

#19 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

So far, he has played like a 5th round pick from a small school.

No he's played like a rookie...at times.

#20 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,971 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

LOL @ guys who look at where someone was drafted and never watch their play... I wonder if csx has checked out where Seattle's CBs were drafted? Those guys are absolutely horrid, amirite???

#21 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,516 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Love this guys attitude, wish I could hear some of his best trash talking one liners

#22 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,902 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hopefully he can get a little thicker with some weight room work. He looks skinny as hell out there.

#23 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

Him and Kuechly and Frank Alexander were great picks and three of the few bright spots for the team this year.

#24 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

The times he's looked worst are the times when Rivera is clearly calling for him to play off the ball in a cover 4 or something. The end of the Falcons game, the end of the Chicago game and against the Giants. The Miles Austin TD was a great throw against good coverage.

When he's been allowed to move up on receivers I think he's done a good job. Brandon Marshall had like 50 yards until the last drive. He also played well against Julio Jones. I also like his willingness against the run. Not similar Gamble at all.

We have a young player emerging at every level of defense. If we can add another playmaker at DT and FS/CB they could make it into the top 10 with the right coaching.

#25 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

we have CBs that absolutely should not be playing in a soft zone, that should be playing tight coverage, and what do we do when the games on the line? play a soft zone.

morons.

#26 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

loving norman, tho. dude's great for a rookie. kid's got a bright future.

#27 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

we have CBs that absolutely should not be playing in a soft zone, that should be playing tight coverage, and what do we do when the games on the line? play a soft zone.

morons.

This.

I can't imagine how solid our defense would be if everyone was healthy and we ran the right scheme.

Our first pick definitely looks like it's gonna be offense this year.

#28 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

I am all in on Norman and I'm setting up a permanent spot on his bandwagon.

He's played well and will only get better - I'm excited for his future and I hope he keeps that chip on his shoulder. This team needs more attitude on the defense and we've REALLY been missing it in the secondary since we had Chris Harris trying to fold fugers in half every time he hit them. I think Norman can fill that role and add some well above average play in that corner spot.

I'd like to see him press a bit more but that's a coaching thing, not a Norman thing.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Norman, Alexander, and Kuechly. Hurney's last draft may have given us 3 great cornerstone pieces to rebuilding our defense.

no kidding.

if we happen to part ways with CJ, beason, and gamble because of cap crap, i think these three should be good ones to build around. i think that alexander and hardy on the edges, keuchly staying in the middle, and norman and munnerlynn continuing to handle CB duties should be good to build around (as long as capt. plays in the slot).

we've got a few really decent priced players to build around. if there was some way out of those nasty contracts it wouldn't be hard to pick up some very good and decent priced FAs to fill in the gaps.

#30 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

loving norman, tho. dude's great for a rookie. kid's got a bright future.

I have been saying this to all of my friends. The kid has held three of the nfl's best recievers in check when he is allowed to play tight coverage. He was stride for stride with Marshall on the deep ball he intercepted no thanks to Nakamura. We should be running jam coverage while blitzing TD and Anderson at least some of the game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Josh Norman, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com