Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ReadyorNot

Olsen on that int

25 posts in this topic

That was about 80% on Newton. Olsen could have helped him out some but it was a bad, bad throw.

Cam wasn't trying to throw it away. He was trying to complete the pass to Olsen. He shouldn't have attempted that pass while in such duress.

But it was a very catchable pass if Olsen takes 2 steps towards the ball.

yeah situations like this if you can't throw it away, you take the sack

Olsen could have done more, but Cam needs to learn to take a sack in those situations.

I dont remember how many timeouts Carolina had left, but if Cam would've taken a Sack it would have ran the clock down to under 15 seconds and put us out of field goal range (didnt matter at the time because RR wasnt going to kick a field goal).

If this was in the middle of the first quarter then I would agree, Cam should take a sack, but in a situation like this, quarterbacks are coached specically NOT to take a sack.

Olsen is soft, ask CHI fans. He can't break a tackle, he can't block. Lets just move him to WR and run Barnidge and Hartstock as the two TEs, its pathetic.

1 person likes this

You can tell him and Cam are not friends.

I dont remember how many timeouts Carolina had left, but if Cam would've taken a Sack it would have ran the clock down to under 15 seconds and put us out of field goal range (didnt matter at the time because RR wasnt going to kick a field goal).

If this was in the middle of the first quarter then I would agree, Cam should take a sack, but in a situation like this, quarterbacks are coached specically NOT to take a sack.

So it was better to risk a turnover?

You can tell him and Cam are not friends.

no you cant

2 people like this

I just couldn't figure out why he didn't just chuck it into the stands... saves an Int and a sack. Smarter play overall. They both share the blame for that one imo