Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronn

Coming soon to a news wire near you...

51 posts in this topic

Mid-season head coach firings generally only serve to turn already bad seasons into even worse ones.

Not a huge stretch to think Rivera gets fired at the end of the year (though I still dont know if it's settled yet) but mid-season would be a mess.

1 person likes this

Mid-season head coach firings generally only serve to turn already bad seasons into even worse ones.

Not a huge stretch to think Rivera gets fired at the end of the year (though I still dont know if it's settled yet) but mid-season would be a mess.

I don't really think this season could get any worse so, why not fire him?

because it has the potential to get much better? alot of winnable games coming up

JR also have to be careful about how he handles this situation. I mean, I want Rivera out today, but I wonder what kind of backlash that would bring when good coaches look at Carolina. Would they want to coach a team in such disarray?

who in their right mind would give the reins of an nfl team to a ginger?

The Dallas Cowboys, Hey-oh !!

We were competitive yesterday against a team that was expected to blow us out, and in the game till the end.

It can get a lot worse than that.

1 person likes this

That would be an idiotic decision.

The Dallas Cowboys, Hey-oh !!

I was waiting for someone to say jerry jones, to which I was planning to say "I said right mind".

Personally, there wouldn't be a point to let go Rivera as there isn't anybody on the coaching staff that could take over with the exception of maybe Shula who has some head coaching experience

I was talking to a friend of mine about the number of coaches / managers who might lose their jobs this year.

The only reason I could see us getting rid of Rivera in the middle of the season, which would effectively tank the rest of the season, is to get a jump on the replacement coach search and be out there before the rest of the league.

I don't think it would be the right decision but it'll depend on what actual sense of desperation Jerry Richardson feels.

we could be getting blown out

I was talking to a friend of mine about the number of coaches / managers who might lose their jobs this year.

The only reason I could see us getting rid of Rivera in the middle of the season, which would effectively tank the rest of the season, is to get a jump on the replacement coach search and be out there before the rest of the league.

I don't think it would be the right decision but it'll depend on what actual sense of desperation Jerry Richardson feels.

Hiring a new head coach when you haven't hired a new GM wouldnt make sense.

And before anyone suggests it, no, he's not hiring Cowher to do both.

1 person likes this