#2 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Not to nitpick, but I'm going to nitpick.

That's a Bleacher Report article that's based on a tweet by Schefter that says we're willing to listen to offers. Being willing to listen to offers is not news and it's not Schefter saying anything other than that.

Bleacher Report articles aren't worth linking. They rarely, if ever, contain anything newsworthy or unique.

Can't we add a filter somehow that turns any link that contains "bleacherreport.com" into a gif or something? That has to be possible.

#3 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Not to nitpick, but I'm going to nitpick.

That's a Bleacher Report article that's based on a tweet by Schefter that says we're willing to listen to offers. Being willing to listen to offers is not news and it's not Schefter saying anything other than that.

Bleacher Report articles aren't worth linking. They rarely, if ever, contain anything newsworthy or unique.

Can't we add a filter somehow that turns any link that contains "bleacherreport.com" into a gif or something? That has to be possible.

There was a 3 minute segment on ESPN's Sportscenter about 10 minutes ago.....I just posted what I found online as backup rather than just say it....

#4 mwright350

mwright350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

There was a 3 minute segment on ESPN's Sportscenter about 10 minutes ago.....I just posted what I found online as backup rather than just say it....

You should use something other than Bleacher Report.

That gets posts ignored entirely or mocked. That site is a cesspool.

#5 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

Makes sense regardless of website. +30 year old running backs ALWAYS decline....getting DeAngelos money off the books, and rolling with JStew...will help the cats in the near future.

You can get a decent/good backup running back for Stew like nothing in the offseason.

#6 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...nterest-sources

Teams check on DeAngelo Williams

Updated: October 28, 2012, 5:50 PM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

In recent weeks, teams around the league have contacted the Carolina Panthers to inquire about the availability of running back DeAngelo Williams, according to league sources.

NFC South blog

Posted ImageESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas writes about all things NFC South in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

Entering Sunday's game against the Bears, the 29-year-old Williams has just eight rushing attempts in the last two games for 10 yards. He carried the ball 11 times for 33 yards in the Panthers' 23-22 loss at Chicago.

For the season, he has rushed for 210 yards on 61 attempts and two touchdowns.

The biggest obstacle to any Williams trade is his contract. His $5.25 million salary this season is guaranteed, meaning any team that trades for him would be on the hook for $2.6 million in the second half of the season.

But that's still considerably less than the $19.5 million that Williams made last season, after he signed an extension that after this year still has three more seasons and $18 million on it.

Those figures would make Williams the 14th highest-paid running back in the league, but it could be a price a running back-needy team would be willing to pay by Tuesday's trade deadline.

#7 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

if hes traded, it will be for a player

#8 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,651 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

If we trade DeAngelo now it would put us 5 million over the cap... not gonna happen until after June 1 when all the guaranteed money on his contract is gone.

#9 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

they get out of the 2.6 million hes owed the rest of the season though

#10 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,370 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

If we trade DeAngelo now it would put us 5 million over the cap... not gonna happen until after June 1 when all the guaranteed money on his contract is gone.

That's if they don't make any parallel moves. If there's a contract restructure that's announced, you can bet your ass that there is a trade in the mix. We also have a few players that we can cut to free up cap. It's not an impossible trade to make happen.

#11 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

if hes traded, it will be for a player

IF we trade him, this would be my guess also.

#12 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,370 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

If we traded him now, his cap hit would become 12.8 million ( his accelerated signing bonus including this year) up from his already large 8.7, for an increase of 4.1 million against our cap. Reports state that we are a few million under the cap already, so there really isn't that much that needs to be done if they wanted to trade him. Quit making it sound likes it's an impossibility.

#13 mwright350

mwright350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

The cap hit might not be the obstacle you'd think - depending on their timeframe for repairs. If they can take a big hit this year to make the year after significantly better they might bite the bullet and do it.

That said I don't think we'll move him. The biggest reason I think we won't is we don't have a functional GM. There's noone there who's used to making those deals right now that I know of. It'd be hard to get an even remotely favorable trade with our current staff. If someone offers us a sweetheart deal I hope we take it, but moving him for the sake of moving him wouldn't be ideal.

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,728 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Good. It's a start.

#15 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Am I the only one that noticed that Stewart didn't really get going until he started splitting carriers with DeAngelo? These guys feed off each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.