Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Way Truth Life

DeAngelo Williams Trade Talks

69 posts in this topic

if hes traded, it will be for a player

IF we trade him, this would be my guess also.

If we traded him now, his cap hit would become 12.8 million ( his accelerated signing bonus including this year) up from his already large 8.7, for an increase of 4.1 million against our cap. Reports state that we are a few million under the cap already, so there really isn't that much that needs to be done if they wanted to trade him. Quit making it sound likes it's an impossibility.

If we trade DeAngelo now it would put us 5 million over the cap... not gonna happen until after June 1 when all the guaranteed money on his contract is gone.

The cap hit might not be the obstacle you'd think - depending on their timeframe for repairs. If they can take a big hit this year to make the year after significantly better they might bite the bullet and do it.

That said I don't think we'll move him. The biggest reason I think we won't is we don't have a functional GM. There's noone there who's used to making those deals right now that I know of. It'd be hard to get an even remotely favorable trade with our current staff. If someone offers us a sweetheart deal I hope we take it, but moving him for the sake of moving him wouldn't be ideal.

Am I the only one that noticed that Stewart didn't really get going until he started splitting carriers with DeAngelo? These guys feed off each other.

Nobody got going in the run game. Our offensive line is atrocious in run blocking.

1 person likes this

Sweet! We can cite bleacherreport, now!!

I'm also not sure why any contender would trade for DeAngelo with his current cap number?

If good HB's are a dime a dozen, wouldn't you go looking for someone much cheaper?

I'm also not sure why any contender would trade for DeAngelo with his current cap number?

If good HB's are a dime a dozen, wouldn't you go looking for someone much cheaper?

They would only be on the hook for the remainder of the season. After this year his guaranteed money is spent and they can either force him to restructure or cut his ass with no cap penalty.