Photo
- - - - -

DeAngelo Williams Trade Talks

trade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#25 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

So considering the salary reduction for this year, we'd have to take a net hit of approximately $7 million. I'd like to see a report on what our cap space was after the Dwan Edwards signing, as he cost us $4 million.

If we only have to clear maybe $3 million, they might be able to do it. If it's much more than that, it's going to be real tough, especially without a GM.

If it's doable and they could find a partner, I'd be all for it just to get one of the bad contracts off the books. The odds of it actually happening though are probably no better than 20%.

#26 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

we have great runners. we just have too many of them. I don't want to cut any of them loose but somebody has to go and Deangelo is the best candidate for trading based on draw for more in return, his age on our roster, his hit to our salary cap.

it's simple math and he is probably my favorite person (and sometimes player) on the offense.

#27 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

from rotoworld...

The Charlotte Observer suspects DeAngelo Williams' days in Charlotte are numbered, "if not by Tuesday's trade deadline, then during the offseason."
"Jonathan Stewart is now the featured back," confirms beat writer Joe Person. Stewart's Dynasty owners finally rejoice. It's telling that Williams was demoted as the Panthers overhauled their running scheme and fired the GM that handed him a ridiculous $43 million contract. Earning a prorated $5.25 million, Williams can be had for a song at the deadline. The Packers make sense as a landing spot, but it's not like GM Ted Thompson to part with draft picks. If Williams isn't moved, it seems the Panthers will cut him and swallow the $8 million cap hit in the offseason.

#28 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

I don't see us trading Williams this year, unlessit for a very good draft pick or two.

#29 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

from rotoworld...

cut him and choke on the cap hit...YES...that's the Panthers I know!!!

#30 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

cut him and choke on the cap hit...YES...that's the Panthers I know!!!

IF the panthers are really willing to cut ties with him at any cost...there's something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

somebody pissed somebody off.

#31 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

IF the panthers are really willing to cut ties with him at any cost...there's something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

somebody pissed somebody off.

Social media may have a part in this...DeAngelo Williams is extremely active and opinionated....but....nothing really bad directed at Panthers or coaches...just a lot of noise.

#32 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

more rotoworld...

Panthers coach Ron Rivera refused to comment on DeAngelo Williams trade rumors at Monday's presser.
It's only notable in the fact that Rivera passed up an opportunity to emphatically deny that D-Will is on the block. Williams is shaping up as one of the most likely players to be dealt ahead of Tuesday's deadline, but trades are so few and far between in the NFL that staying put should be considered far more likely than being shipped out.

#33 Jacket60

Jacket60

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Of course they would do this once they started changing the offense. I don't understand why Panther fans want him gone so bad. The backs aren't the problem, the offensive line is. For the backs to rush for over 100 yards against the best D in the league(75 from Williams and Stewart) and with one of the most banged up offensive lines, imagine what they will do moving forward. Trading Williams would be a mistake IMO.

#34 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

The power of wording:

Steve Reed@SteveReedAP
Per director of football operations Brandon Beane, the Panthers have not received any calls today from teams inquiring about their players.

#35 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Of course they would do this once they started changing the offense. I don't understand why Panther fans want him gone so bad. The backs aren't the problem, the offensive line is. For the backs to rush for over 100 yards against the best D in the league(75 from Williams and Stewart) and with one of the most banged up offensive lines, imagine what they will do moving forward. Trading Williams would be a mistake IMO.

Because anything that relieves the team of that bad contract will benefit the new GM and give him some ability to turn this team around.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

fwiw, trade deadline is probably going to be getting moved back because of the hurricane.