• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

IF the panthers are really willing to cut ties with him at any cost...there's something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

somebody pissed somebody off.

Social media may have a part in this...DeAngelo Williams is extremely active and opinionated....but....nothing really bad directed at Panthers or coaches...just a lot of noise.

#32 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

more rotoworld...

Panthers coach Ron Rivera refused to comment on DeAngelo Williams trade rumors at Monday's presser.
It's only notable in the fact that Rivera passed up an opportunity to emphatically deny that D-Will is on the block. Williams is shaping up as one of the most likely players to be dealt ahead of Tuesday's deadline, but trades are so few and far between in the NFL that staying put should be considered far more likely than being shipped out.

#33 Jacket60

Jacket60

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Of course they would do this once they started changing the offense. I don't understand why Panther fans want him gone so bad. The backs aren't the problem, the offensive line is. For the backs to rush for over 100 yards against the best D in the league(75 from Williams and Stewart) and with one of the most banged up offensive lines, imagine what they will do moving forward. Trading Williams would be a mistake IMO.

#34 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

The power of wording:

Steve Reed@SteveReedAP
Per director of football operations Brandon Beane, the Panthers have not received any calls today from teams inquiring about their players.

#35 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,135 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Of course they would do this once they started changing the offense. I don't understand why Panther fans want him gone so bad. The backs aren't the problem, the offensive line is. For the backs to rush for over 100 yards against the best D in the league(75 from Williams and Stewart) and with one of the most banged up offensive lines, imagine what they will do moving forward. Trading Williams would be a mistake IMO.

Because anything that relieves the team of that bad contract will benefit the new GM and give him some ability to turn this team around.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

fwiw, trade deadline is probably going to be getting moved back because of the hurricane.

#37 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Trade D-Will for Mike Jenkins, straight up.

Demarco Murray is out right now and Felix Jones ain't cutting it.

Doooo it.

#38 Jacket60

Jacket60

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Because anything that relieves the team of that bad contract will benefit the new GM and give him some ability to turn this team around.

It's only a bad contract because they aren't using him. I mean, prior to yesterday's game, the guy had 8 carries combined in the previous two. When you give these guys touches, they will produce. The talent on this team isn't as bad as panther fans make it out. The problem is the coaching. And the biggest weakness right now is the offensive line IMO. I just don't think trading one of your best offensive weapons is the right move to make the team any better. They need to be using him more, and changing the offense is a step in the right direction.

#39 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Trade D-Will for Mike Jenkins, straight up.

Demarco Murray is out right now and Felix Jones ain't cutting it.

Doooo it.

I would actually condone this trade.

#40 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

It's only a bad contract because they aren't using him. I mean, prior to yesterday's game, the guy had 8 carries combined in the previous two. When you give these guys touches, they will produce. The talent on this team isn't as bad as panther fans make it out. The problem is the coaching. And the biggest weakness right now is the offensive line IMO. I just don't think trading one of your best offensive weapons is the right move to make the team any better. They need to be using him more, and changing the offense is a step in the right direction.

i think most of us in here have figured that out.

#41 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Jared Cook from the Titans just asked for a trade as well. We could use a legit TE, and he has the frame to block as well - not familiar with how well he does that as of now though.

Doubt they'd want to trade for a RB but could be something to consider otherwise.

#42 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

Dallas not trading for no D.Will

We want D.Will gone cause of the contract, we have 2-3 other backs, and we have other issues to fix

#43 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Dallas not trading for no D.Will

Says who? You?

Trade makes sense on both sides.

#44 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

cam newton is the center of the offense, not the running backs. there simply isn't enough of a workload to warrant having 2 high priced running backs.

now if john fox was still head coach...

#45 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

if anyone does i would say green bay

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com