• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#46 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

I thought he just picked a bad day to have a bad day, but in the end Rivera gives us the best chance to win. I mean it is what it is, right?

#47 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,231 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Still can't get over the "didn't kick because we didn't want to risk getting the kid's head all messed up."

Agree.

Sending the kicker out in that situation is the easiest thing to do for a coach. Washes his hands of any bad coaching decision. You pay the guy millions to make 50 yard kicks, let him give it a shot. If he misses it then its on him.

#48 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

Still can't get over the "didn't kick because we didn't want to risk getting the kid's head all messed up."

he's too scared to be a good HC.

he tries to be too protective and cautious and it bites this team in the butt every time.

#49 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

Agree.

Sending the kicker out in that situation is the easiest thing to do for a coach. Washes his hands of any bad coaching decision. You pay the guy millions to make 50 yard kicks, let him give it a shot. If he misses it then its on him.

Yup, and Medlock missed numerous kicks at Heinz Field in the preseason in probably worse conditions (known for the swirling winds). Didn't seem to destroy him too bad, lol.

#50 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

he's too scared to be a good HC.

he tries to be too protective and cautious and it bites this team in the butt every time.

Somewhere in the world, as you typed that, a kickoff landed at the opposing 45 yard line, AGAIN.

#51 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,132 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Agree.

They don't pay Medlock millions.

#52 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

Joe Person@josephperson
Panthers had only 1 timeout left--& didn't use it--after burning 2 earlier in half b/c of communication issues getting players on/off field.

#53 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Contract: 3 yr(s) / $1,440,000

Posted Image

#54 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Somewhere in the world, as you typed that, a kickoff landed at the opposing 45 yard line, AGAIN.

considering how well the defense was doing in totally dominating cutler and forte, i didn't hate that we were doing that, tbh.

i trusted our D to stop their O rather than our STs stopping hester. still, lots of very questionable calls.

#55 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• ALL-PRO
  • 808 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

he didnt kick at the end of the hlf because a miss would have hurt medlocks feelings?

LMFAO this guy has got to go.

Agreed. You can't protect a rookie kicker forever. A few weeks ago when the Rams played the Dolphins in Miami on a windy day, the Rams let their rookie kicker take some risky kicks. He missed a couple important ones, but I think he was fine the next week.

#56 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

considering how well the defense was doing in totally dominating cutler and forte, i didn't hate that we were doing that, tbh.

i trusted our D to stop their O rather than our STs stopping hester. still, lots of very questionable calls.

I thought it was a good thought the first 2 or 3 times, but I also can't help but imagine how it could have led to more scoring if we would've just kicked it off conventionally and let the defense keep playing. The STers did a great job bottling Hester up on PRs and they didn't have blockers in after the first few short KOs. Field position could've really helped our offense.

#57 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,231 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

$1.44M I call millions but I see why some wouldn't.

#58 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• ALL-PRO
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

By not kicking you are telling your kicker that you aren't good enough to hit a 50 yarder so we are going to just heave one up to the end zone instead. Does RR think that a lack of trust like that wouldn't "mess up the kid's head"?

Clueless!!

#59 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

thought this was interesting...

josephperson
Rivera said he would have liked to have seen corners,safeties play tighter on Bears' game-winning drive, when Panthers stayed in soft zone.

o rly?

well why didn't it happen? whose fault is it?

#60 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

He throws players and his coordinators under the bus every week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com