Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahoo! Sports: Steve Smith Could be Traded

84 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy-minute/top-trade-rumors-30990177.html"]http://sports.yahoo....s-30990177.html[/url]

Andy Behrens from Yahoo! Sports is suggesting Steve Smith could be moved. I say JR loves #89 too much to ever let him wear another uniform. It's towards the end of the video.

Posted · Report post

Lets hope not. Stay a panther for life.

Posted · Report post

We just gave him an extension.

Posted · Report post

He is going to retire if not traded! Let's get something for him

Posted · Report post

"suggesting he could be moved" does not equate to him being on the trading block

Posted · Report post

What exactly does it say? Did it say he "IS" on the trading block or he "could" be on the trading block?

Posted · Report post

What a load of garbage that is. He is friggin building a new house right as we speak.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Matthias' timestamp='1351552501' post='1971134']
We just gave him an extension.
[/quote]

[i]Hurney[/i] gave him an extension.

Posted · Report post

To me it really depends on what he thinks he's got left in the tank. If he only wants to play another year I'd get a deal done that would send him to a Super Bowl contender so he can win a ring. As much as it would suck to lose one of my favorite players, I'd love to see him win a ring and as of this moment we aren't looking so good.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Proudiddy' timestamp='1351552601' post='1971138']
What exactly does it say? Did it say he "IS" on the trading block or he "could" be on the trading block?
[/quote]

Edited to clear confusion.

Posted · Report post

If he really is going to get traded, I hope we get something for him

Posted · Report post

If Steve Smith isn't a Panther, who the hell will Cam throw the ball to??
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What credentials does this guy have?

Posted · Report post

I don't think this happens... Would make no sense for the rest of this season... Hopefully this is just talk

Posted · Report post

He is basing his [i]opinion[/i] on the fact that Smith is vocal after losses. This is not thread worthy, lol.

Posted · Report post

some guy that writes about fantasy sports doesn't actually hear anything..he just says that maybe smith is someone who could be traded.

i know this season has been bad, but i'm surprised that anyone is actually paying atention to it.

Posted · Report post

Heard some rumblings yesterday that the Bills had inquired about him.

I love Smitty, best panther ever, but if we could get some picks for him now, it would be a good move.

Posted · Report post

If we do trade him (for the sake of the conversation), I would like to see him on the Texans. Him and Johnson would be the baddest receiving corps in the land. :cool:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='h0llywood' timestamp='1351552303' post='1971126']
I say JR loves #89 too much to ever let him wear another uniform. It's towards the end of the video.
[/quote]

Yes, but he may love the guy enough to let him go to a team with a chance to win it before he retires. I would defintely, thought, that JR would get the ok from Smith before moving forward on a trade.

Posted · Report post

Who the fug would we throw it to? Richie Brockel?

Posted · Report post

Smitty ain't going anywhere. Better chance he retires at the end of this year than him being moved.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CBDellinger' timestamp='1351553452' post='1971161']
Heard some rumblings yesterday that the Bills had inquired about him.

I love Smitty, best panther ever, but if we could get some picks for him now, it would be a good move.
[/quote]
If you don't mind me asking... where did you hear that?

Posted · Report post

I am sure this is posted on this board somewhere. Just got done reading it and then saw this thread. "Steve Smith unloads after Panthers lose 23-22 to Bears" I didnt see it, but no need to start a new thread about Smith. [url="http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d8Pb9?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=carolina-panthers"]http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d8Pb9?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=carolina-panthers[/url]

I do feel bad for Smith and really was hoping he would be part of a Superbowl run here in Carolina with Cam. I can see why he is so frustrated. Besides his slip, he played one hell of a game on Sunday. If he stays after this season he deserves for JR to bring in a former NFL HC who has had success at the NFL level. I am all for that and think it is what this team needs. No more trying out some cooridinator or college coach to see if he can make it in the NFL.

I am also all for blowing up the roster but not sure I want Smith to be part of that. This entire season blows and it sucks here we are again talking about next year and the off season.