83 replies to this topic

#61 Arnie

Arnie

Wham Bam Thank You Cam!!

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

If Steve Smith isn't a Panther, who the hell will Cam throw the ball to??

Cam will continue throwing it to the Defense, business as usual........

#62 o803oVaDeR

o803oVaDeR

Formerly Known as Dragn0422

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

I really think Smith will retire a Panther. I dont know if it will be this year or in the future. He and his family do not want to move. He made that clear in his interview after he signed the extension. I think he is at piece, for lack of a better word, with not getting a Super Bowl win. He is a family man now even more than a football player, and he cares more about his family's happyness than his own. I think if we tried to trade him he would just retire, so that he would not have to move.

#63 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

If 89 is traded, I can tell you 100% that I would sell my tickets and probably wouldn't watch this team on tv either. I would support the team from afar but in the same way I pull for other local teams.

#64 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

If 89 is traded, I can tell you 100% that I would sell my tickets and probably wouldn't watch this team on tv either. I would support the team from afar but in the same way I pull for other local teams.

LOL

we need more fans like you...

#65 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

Why wait for the trade?

#66 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

Well, aren't you just an awesome fan.

#67 InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationJawJuh

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

LMAO

#68 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,182 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

What exactly does it say? Did it say he "IS" on the trading block or he "could" be on the trading block?

It says Yahoo bloggers create stupid articles to generate traffic.

#69 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

It says Yahoo bloggers create stupid articles to generate traffic.

Contrary to what a lot of people here has been saying about Yahoo Sports, they are actually above and beyond ESPN in terms of pure journalism. They broke the stories at USC (OJ Mayo) and Miami (Boosters) and other major sports scandals.

As far as Andy Behrens goes, he's a straight fantasy football guy which doesn't make sense to me why he would include Smith in his video. Everyone he lists in his video, Steven Jackson, Legarette Blount, Deangelo Williams and Dwayne Bowe have already been confirmed to have garnered trade inquiries.

Why would he include Steve Smith above all players? I have no idea. Maybe he knows something or he is just speculating. If he is speculating, he goes out of his way to include #89.

#70 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Anyone think he and JR have an agreement that if the Panthers suck, Steve can pick a team for a trade?
Was this put in place to keep Steve content a season or so back?

#71 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,965 posts

There's a big difference in Yahoo's investigative journalism department, and their regular everyday journalism department....

#72 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

flame away, but from an outsider looking in...you can pretty much write this season off and if you can get something for Smith to help improve for the future, why wouldn't you?

also...as others have mentioned, if you love the guy, wouldn't it be in your interest to see him succeed before he hangs up the sticky gloves for the last time?

it's win/win in my opinion....send him to a contender for picks or youth, he gets a chance to go out as a playoff player or maybe even a champ..

#73 HardcoreDefense

HardcoreDefense

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Is it possible that this article is talking about the other Steve Smith that plays for the Rams? When I clicked on the link it lead me no where.

#74 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

OH HELL NO!!

#75 InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationJawJuh

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

flame away, but from an outsider looking in...you can pretty much write this season off and if you can get something for Smith to help improve for the future, why wouldn't you?

also...as others have mentioned, if you love the guy, wouldn't it be in your interest to see him succeed before he hangs up the sticky gloves for the last time?

it's win/win in my opinion....send him to a contender for picks or youth, he gets a chance to go out as a playoff player or maybe even a champ..

EHHHHH...............NO!

Who the fug would catch the ball?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.