83 replies to this topic

#76 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

If 89 is traded, I can tell you 100% that I would sell my tickets and probably wouldn't watch this team on tv either. I would support the team from afar but in the same way I pull for other local teams.

Said pilot2011 as he ran from the room, tears streaming down his face.

#77 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

If this is true then ABSOLUTELY have to go receiver first next year in the draft. Way to let the opposing teams know early.

#78 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,450 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Bring back the Wishbone!!

#79 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Im just sayin, it would be hard to pull for this team if the suits traded the Panthers all time best player. For such a stand up guy, who has done more for the Charlotte community than any other player in team history combined, who is a HOF receiver, who could have left countless times but decided to stay and finish what he started... Steve Smith is the heart and soul of this team and has been for a decade. To trade him for what would probably only be a mid round pick would be idiotic.

This dude gets such a bad rap, but for all the other "diva" receivers that have come and gone, and let me again say, "come and gone", 89 has always been a constant... Look at the receivers he is constantly compared to: Chad Johnson, TO, Randy Moss, ect...those guys are either out of the league or barely hanging on, but more importantly they have played for several teams each..

For such a crappy person and horrible teammate and horrible leader, Steve Smith sure knows something about loyalty. I stand by my statement of dropping to casual fan if 89 is traded.

#80 HardcoreDefense

HardcoreDefense

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Is it possible that this article is talking about the other Steve Smith that plays for the Rams? When I clicked on the link it lead me no where.

Is my post so dumb that no one wanted to respond? Why would we fuging let Smitty go when we have a
chance to be SB contenders within the next 3 years. If we had the right coaching staff we could've easily
been 6-1.

#81 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

According to Jay Glazer, the Panthers are turning down offers for Steve Smith. Why? Let the guy go play for a Championship and get something in return. Did we not learn anything from the Peppers situation?

#82 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

I hope not. The best Panther in our franchise history better not be wearing anyone else's jersey..

#83 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

According to Jay Glazer, the Panthers are turning down offers for Steve Smith. Why? Let the guy go play for a Championship and get something in return. Did we not learn anything from the Peppers situation?

1. Our receiver depth is abysmal, takes one less weapon away from Cam
2. Everyone is playing for their jobs, it would make no sense for Rivera to have his lone Receiving threat traded away when he's trying to not get fired.
3. We're selfish, I don't know if I could ever handle Smitty not being a Panther

#84 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

If the Panthers hold onto all of these players and then don't succeed next year...then it's pointless. Deangello and Smitty are two very expendable players in our current situation. The Panthers aren't making the playoffs this year, and knowing this franchise...if Rivera wins 3 more games he'll get a contract extension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.