Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential Head Coaching candidates on display tonight.

51 posts in this topic

Posted

You guys say someone with previous head coaching experience. Is their anybody in particular?

Posted

I think Chip Kelly is a great college.

Chip Kelly is just a party school.

1 person likes this

Posted

Who do you have in mind?

no one specifically. i just know that OCs and DCs usually don't succeed at HC jobs.

i know that DCs tend to be on the conservative side of play calling.

and i know that this team is going to have to be on the fast track to getting their crap together...it's going to have to be win now. there won't be any patience with allowing the team to develop. they don't ned someone that has to grow intothe role of HC. he has to come to it with experence handling the job and being a coordinator or position coach doesn't qualify you. he has to know how to manage a game and he has to know how to handle the egos on both side of the ball and manage a team and get them whipped into shape and motivated.

1 person likes this

Posted

no one specifically. i just know that OCs and DCs usually don't succeed at HC jobs.

i know that DCs tend to be on the conservative side of play calling.

and i know that this team is going to have to be on the fast track to getting their crap together...it's going to have to be win now. there won't be any patience with allowing the team to develop. they don't ned someone that has to grow intothe role of HC. he has to come to it with experence handling the job and being a coordinator or position coach doesn't qualify you. he has to know how to manage a game and he has to know how to handle the egos on both side of the ball and manage a team and get them whipped into shape and motivated.

I completely agree with this. As much as I would like a young and up and coming guy I just feel JR isn't going to waste any time in getting this team on the right track. If Cowher, Gruden, or Dungy guys we have to pursue then we have to get it done.

1 person likes this

Posted

I want Rob Ryan or Rex Ryan (if he is fired).....

Posted

someone with NFL experience, nothing else will do.

fixed.

doesn't necessarily have to have NFL HC experience, but he has to have experience in the league as a player or coach...preferably both. if he's coming from the college HC ranks he has to have an OC and a DC

with a TON of NFL coaching experience.

i want the guy to know the NFL and experience as a HC.

Posted

someone with NFL HC experience, nothing else will do.

Norv Turner will be available and probably Andy Reid!

It depends on who you get as your GM. I like the GM out of Canada the Colts were considering.

Posted

I think Rex could do better with a offense that has a lot of talent.

Posted

People just don't get head coaching jobs out of the blue. Almost every head coach was a coordinator.

Posted

Norv Turner will be available and probaly Andy Reid!

These are two guy I really don't want at all.

Posted

the ryan brothers are overated pottymouth toe sucking fat freaks.

i think they're fine as DCs, but they aren't their dad and any team hoping that they will be wil be disappointed...just like the jets are right now.

2 people like this

Posted

fixed.

doesn't necessarily have to have NFL HC experience, but he has to have experience in the league as a player or coach...preferably both. if he's coming from the college HC ranks he has to have an OC and a DC

with a TON of NFL coaching experience.

i want the guy to know the NFL and experience as a HC.

u got that with rivera. I dont want another rivera. If JR wants to win now and is running out of time, he needs a coach who knows how to win in the NFL and players with the talent to do so.