26 replies to this topic

#16 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

I don't like that Rivera doesn't let players have a chance to get out of the dog house. Is Adams just dropping punts and fumbling in practice? I kind of doubt it. He wouldn't have made it this far.

I'm pretty sure Rivera puts people in the dog house and doesn't try to coach them. When Coughlin puts Giants player in the dog house they typically get better.

your pretty sure about all this.

#17 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

I said this last week....

#18 MuchAdoAboutNewton

MuchAdoAboutNewton

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationNorth Cakalack

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

Cap'n has had a few solid 4-7 yard returns in the Atlanta, Seattle and Dallas games.

I do agree though that Adams needs to play both in the return game, but moreover as a WR. Hit him in the flats with space to move and he's even more dangerous than as a returner.

That's very Armanti-esque.

#19 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

And the Joe Adams Legend grows.

#20 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

You don't draft a player to be a return a man and not have him inactive for one bad game. Lets be clear we weren't going to win that game with or without those fumbles.

#21 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,369 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

see sig .. had a 9 yard average before last game when he got tackled immediately a few times.

#22 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

You guys know Rivera has too much pride to let Adams play. If Hurney wasn't fired, he would still be running the option offense. The guy has sabotaged our team.

#23 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

I agree 100%....maybe we will see something like this;

http://www.redskins....4e-1b32b22d0da7

#24 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,262 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

Joe Adams needs to be on the field. He was drafted to be our punt returner this season and I am almost willing to bet the kid would redeem himself and make Rivera look like a moron for not even having him dressed during the last several games.

On a somewhat related note, both Adams and Pilares need to see the field more at WR. Especially Pilares. We have seen Kealoha throughout pre-season and even this season make something out of nothing. He is good in space and always a threat to go the distance. Personally, I've seen enough of Murphy. Murphy is a deep threat with inconsistent hands and that's about it. I would love to see Kealoha in a Percy Harvin type roll here in Charlotte.

#25 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

The way I look at it Pilares and Munnerlyn are both safety valves. (Which is obvious) The two of them likely won't fumble BUT you will probably only end up with a decent or pretty good return at best. Adams may be a gambler but will have definite home run hits if given the chance. I could not BELIEVE that someone who did that well in the preseason got benched this long over one bad game.

#26 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

fuging Rivera
Same reason Goodson was benched all season last year

#27 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

You don't draft a player to be a return a man and not have him inactive for one bad game. Lets be clear we weren't going to win that game with or without those fumbles.

Probably right, but one came after we had just gained a little bit of momentum. Remember everyone giving Cam a hard time about celebrating the TD while we were still behind? If Adams doesn't fumble on our following possession, we very well may have been right back in the game.

The fumbles were very costly any way you cut it. That said, we need to give him another chance if he is doing okay in practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com