Photo
- - - - -

Does Peter King know something we don't?

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 Kitten01

Kitten01

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

I know the way the business works, and I know Hurney deserves to be under the gun, and I know Cam Newton now is not a sure long-term thing in Carolina, and Hurney wanted Newton as his franchise quarterback. I'm just saying nothing is ever totally black and white in this game, and Hurney's record should include it all: the questionable free agent spending, the unlikely Super Bowl run in 2003, the three playoff berths in 10 seasons, the inability to get Carolina out of a losing funk over the past four seasons.

Can't believe no one is talking about this. How does Peter King (who knows a ton of people around football and close to many situations) 'know' that Cam Newton is not a sure long-term thing? Is Cam on his way out? I hate how King teases this and then offers nothing as to what he's heard

Link: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz2Ak9f6rz3

#2 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Can't believe no one is talking about this. How does Peter King (who knows a ton of people around football and close to many situations) 'know' that Cam Newton is not a sure long-term thing? Is Cam on his way out? I hate how King teases this and then offers nothing as to what he's heard

Link: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz2Ak9f6rz3

Mainly because Peter King rarely knows what he's talking about.

#3 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,278 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Peter King, you mean the Peter King who is still mad that Cam dissed him at training camp last year and broke his feelings?

#4 Kitten01

Kitten01

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Mainly because Peter King rarely knows what he's talking about.

Thats simply not true I would argue that he "hears" more than any writer or reporter in the business and it's always got some truth behind it. He has numerous NUMEROUS people he talks to surrounding every NFL franchise he's been doing this for 20+ years.

#5 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

new gm means new everything...including qb if that person sees fit.

#6 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Thats simply not true I would argue that he "hears" more than any writer or reporter in the business and it's always got some truth behind it. He has numerous NUMEROUS people he talks to surrounding every NFL franchise he's been doing this for 20+ years.

He's also a borderline retarded journalist who writes articles and blogs vying for the attention of football enthusiasts worldwide. Of course he's going to add some flair to his opinions to desperate himself from the rest of the jackoff sports media machine.

#7 Kitten01

Kitten01

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

new gm means new everything...including qb if that person sees fit.

But I thought our owner said something to the effect of: 'Cam Newton is the only QB I want in Charlotte for the rest of my lifetime' or something like that?

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

hard to believe anyone takes anything peter king says seriously...esp. when it comes down to newton.

#9 Newtons2ndLaw

Newtons2ndLaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

So which regular member are you?

#10 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Here's all you need to know about King's feelings towards Cam:

http://www.urbandict...p?term=ButtHurt

You know how King knows? He doesn't. You know why he said he does? Because this thread and your link.

#11 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

That statement is 100% opinion and in no way based on any statements or secret whispers coming from our organization. He's saying that he's not a 100% sure long term solution based on his own personal assessment of his play this year.

#12 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

But I thought our owner said something to the effect of: 'Cam Newton is the only QB I want in Charlotte for the rest of my lifetime' or something like that?

the owner also wasn't counting on being 7-16 right now.

#13 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

King is hoping with all of his being that Cam will flame out. He hates him. With a hate that is palpable. He absolutely hates him. Being a well-known national writer, he's trying to use his pull to go ahead and get that ball rolling on Cam. He's trying his hardest...

Problem is, King stopped talking to credible sources along time ago, and he stopped writing about what they had to say... Instead, he started writing about his own personal opinions and unfounded speculations - it sells more and grabs more attention.

He's full of sh*t.

#14 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

lol Peter King

#15 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Geez some of you need to take a chill pill. Basically he gives you the answer in the OP. Cam was Marty's man. With Marty out, Cam ISN'T the surefire longterm starter in Carolina any more. Just like Vince Young in Tennessee, Jay Cutler in Denver, and many others who have struggled early in their careers at their first stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.