Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kitten01

Does Peter King know something we don't?

170 posts in this topic

I just don't understand why Cam wouldn't get another few years to see how the cement hardens. You're not going to do any better than him at the position.

I just don't understand why Cam wouldn't get another few years to see how the cement hardens. You're not going to do any better than him at the position.

i disagree.

we should just keep drafting quarterbacks high until one of them wins the super bowl for us as a rookie or second year player.

2 people like this

i disagree.

we should just keep drafting quarterbacks high until one of them wins the super bowl for us as a rookie or second year player.

mmmmmm.....tasty sarcasm.

TonyN is correct. If you can't expect and demand greatness from a second year, 23 year old player, it's probably time to cut ties. That's pretty much the apex of development and they're just not going to get better past that point. And if you're not progressing notably while surrounded with a stellar coaching staff like Newton obviously is, man that's just insult to injury.

I'm too tired to post the yearly stat progression of a bunch of other quarterbacks for comparison, but yeah. Across the board, they have jaw-dropping increases in performance from year one to year two and onto year three. Every one. It's uncanny.

Here's hoping whomever we turn up in our GM search realizes this and cuts ties before it's too late and Newton drags us into the abyss along with him.

Newsflash: We're already there

9-30 over the last 39 games is the abyss. This team would be hard pressed to go any lower.

Easy tease. Don't get bayless'd. Nothing is a for sure long term thing in the NFL. I give you Peyton manning as exhibit A.

Easy tease. Don't get bayless'd. Nothing is a for sure long term thing in the NFL. I give you Peyton manning as exhibit A.

He was in Indy 15 or 16 years. And he didn't do what Cam did as a rookie and won fewer games as a rookie. Cam's rookie season should have gotten him about 3 more years of equity, his entire rookie contract.

He was in Indy 15 or 16 years. And he didn't do what Cam did as a rookie and won fewer games as a rookie. Cam's rookie season should have gotten him about 3 more years of equity, his entire rookie contract.

Points all taken but to the topic. NOTHING is ever a for sure long term thing. So Peter really isn't out too far on a limb here.

ding ding ding....winner winner, chicken dinner!!!

no such thing as a sure thing in this league!!!

C'mon. You know barring injury Luck RG3 aren't leaving their city for 15 years

^^ they're not headcases

1 person likes this

C'mon. You know barring injury Luck RG3 aren't leaving their city for 15 years

i dont know that at all

i would have said the exact same thing about cam last season midway through