Photo
- - - - -

Does Peter King know something we don't?

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#136 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Cam is the biggest leader in the Panthers locker room right now.

#137 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,277 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Dont pay attention to them King, I think they are huffing glue.

I thought about seeing if I could buy some pot from them.

#138 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,452 posts

Cam is the biggest leader in the Panthers locker room right now.

he's not having the effect he could or should have, tho.

that's his biggest problem, imo.

#139 PanthersBigD

PanthersBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

I'm starting to think TonyN and Super_Freak are the same guy. And if they're not, then they're at least eating paint chips off of the same window sill.

#140 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

he's not having the effect he could or should have, tho.

that's his biggest problem, imo.

Its hard to motivate guys over 30 who've been on losing teams most of their careers and are feasting off Marty Hurney's contracts.

#141 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

loud or reggie?

#142 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,277 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

ummmm..... something NOT laced with pcp.

#143 PanthersBigD

PanthersBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Cam Newton is a crappy leader, if he's a leader at all at this point. He's a kid in his twenties, and he's got a lot of maturing to do. He needs people to take cues from along the way, which he doesn't seem to have. I'm not going to expect a sophomore player to carry the team on his back talent-wise AND emotionally. He's got great potential, but it's going to take time to see it fully formed.

Eli Manning struggled to become a leader as well, and look at him now. It takes time, and in the meantime, haters gon' hate.

#144 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Sorry, but a leader doesn't talk with his head down at press conferences and refuse to make eye contact with anyone all while spewing disegenious drivel and asking for a "suggestion box" about how to improve.

Remember: the ONLY thing HE can control, is Cameron Newton.

#145 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,729 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

I feel bad for anyone who is not on board with Cam, hes going to be here for the next 10 years. When was the last time a team let go of a young franchise QB?

Hate to tell ya, but while that may be more than likely, it isn't guaranteed.

If you don't think new GMs and/or new coaches are willing to part with highly drafted quarterbacks, you might wanna chat with Jay Cutler.

#146 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Cam Newton is a crappy leader, if he's a leader at all at this point. He's a kid in his twenties, and he's got a lot of maturing to do. He needs people to take cues from along the way, which he doesn't seem to have. I'm not going to expect a sophomore player to carry the team on his back talent-wise AND emotionally. He's got great potential, but it's going to take time to see it fully formed.

Eli Manning struggled to become a leader as well, and look at him now. It takes time, and in the meantime, haters gon' hate.

Cam is the biggest leader in the locker room right now. Which is unfortunate because guys who've been here almost 10 years arent. Some of us mistake professional losers (meaning guys who accept losing, but are professional about it) with leadership. There's no one in that locker room that displays leadership on the field week to week like Cameron. There's no one in that locker room who is held accountable for their play the way Cameron is. Thats why I expect a lot of those guys to be gone in the offseason. We're undergoing a cultural change, and part of that change is ridding ourselves of professional nice guys that accept losing. That is not LEADERSHIP, that is complacency.

#147 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Brilliant comparison !!! I had forgotten about Prince Jeff.

Newton is certainly way more talented than Leaf and probably doesn't posses the same amount of baggage, but the maturity and leadership comparison I think is valid. And they are both surly, albeit in different ways....

Cam still has time to mature and live up to he billing but like George i see coach killer written all over him at this point in his career.

#148 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Mr Scot FTW!!

#149 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,452 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Its hard to motivate guys over 30 who've been on losing teams most of their careers and are feasting off Marty Hurney's contracts.

no offense, but that's a cop-out. he doesn't need to worry about those guys. there's only a couple of them there. the rest of the team, tho, is young and quite capable of being molded into something better.

i've said it quite a few times. cam has one of the most infectious personalities i've seen. we've all seen the positive effect that he can have on people. he's known for being able to walk into a room and win it over with just his smile. with blinn and auburn he was primarily responsible for those two team's national championships and if you watched him at auburn you essentially saw him will his team back from pretty significant deficits because he knew what everyone there was capable of.

he walked into those situations and ended up owning them. he got those teams fired up in a big way and he could do the very same thing here...but he's not buying it himself yet. i'm sure he gets frustrated at what others do, but i think he gets more frustrated at what he does...the mistakes he makes and he can't shake it off. that feeling of "oh crap. here it goes again" comes from him as much as any and as soon as people on the team see him feeling defeated, the rest of the team will become infected with the same doubt he feels.

if he can somehow rise above his situation he'll be able to get the others to do the same. once he pulls that off, this team is going to start winning consistently and there's not any bad coaching that would keep that from happening. there's no 30+ year old with a loser complex is going to be able to get in his way.

if he can get his mindset back to where it was at blinn and auburn, he can get this team's mindset back where it needs to be.

should all that be on his shoulders? probably not, but it is.

#150 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Dont pay attention to them King, I think they are huffing glue.

I have a recommedation for the use of medical cannabis from the State of California, but I don't think I am allowed to sell it to users in the Carolinas. Shame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com