Photo
- - - - -

Does Peter King know something we don't?

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#16 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,668 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

normally a new GM will bring in a new QB if he does think he has his guy there, or he cant win with the QB........but look at recent trends most are keeping their young QB and trying to build around them.ex. Rams. Sam Bradford had a helleva rookie year, struggled his 2nd year and ended up on IR. they cleaned house and now the new GM and HC are building around him.i can see something similar happening here.

#17 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

JR wasn't sold on Newton from the very beginning. He was sold on the kid's talent, but had serious questions about Newton's character and maturity. He interviewed Newton prior to the draft and was satisfied, I guess. But Newton was Hurney's pick ultimately. You would have to be blind to the Carolina situation in toto to believe that Newton is a lock to remain the starter in Carolina past next year unless he improves dramatically, both on the field and off it.

#18 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

JR wasn't sold on Newton from the very beginning. He was sold on the kid's talent, but had serious questions about Newton's character and maturity. He interviewed Newton prior to the draft and was satisfied, I guess. But Newton was Hurney's pick ultimately. You would have to be blind to the Carolina situation in toto to believe that Newton is a lock to remain the starter in Carolina past next year unless he improves dramatically, both on the field and off it.

When the owner says Cam Newton will be his last qb numerous times you better believe he means it.A gm will be brought in for one reason and that's to build this team around Cam.

#19 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

I am 100% certain this is Grits.

#20 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

JR wasn't sold on Newton from the very beginning. He was sold on the kid's talent, but had serious questions about Newton's character and maturity.

Neato. Got a link?

#21 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

People in the media will say just about anything for ratings and attention. The more controversail, the better, because someone is bound to follow it up!

#22 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,187 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

I am 100% certain this is Grits.

i'm thinking PFFL.

#23 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,981 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

i'm thinking PFFL.

oh yeah, pantherfanforlife, the guy who was "done here for good" after his last flame out.

i've noticed a bunch of new accounts recently that are posting oddly similar stuff about newton, our offense, etc. wouldn't be the first time he's done it.

#24 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Neato. Got a link?

Yup.
http://espn.go.com/n...-tats-piercings

#25 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Cam is literally the biggest attraction about this team. jesus people he had the best rookie season of all time last year, this madness needs to stop

#26 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

Yup.
http://espn.go.com/n...-tats-piercings

Not seeing anything there with Richardson having "serious questions about Newton's character or maturity".

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,187 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

i have a feeling that there will be a very short list of players that JR will tell the incoming GM is untouchable and/or he will find a GM that wil stick with and build around cam.

either way...JR isn't going to let cam get away or go anywhere.

peter king and many media clowns as well as a good few posters in here never liked newton and ave wanted nothing more than for him to fail.

king does nothing but sek out headlines and nothing does that like drama surrounding a polarizing figure like cam and he would be noticed a whole lot more for tearing the kid down than anything else.

cam blowing king of in training camp (something which i don't blame cam at all for doing) turned this into something personal for king. i'm sure he haed cam's succes last year but loves that he's having the strugles he's having.

he's a very petty and spiteful man.

#28 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

This is some pretty ridiculous poo here guys..

There isn't a single person in this world that could be hired as GM that would be stupid enough to build the team around something or someone other than Cam. He's already proven that he can do it all on the NFL level.

#29 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

How many people would have said the same thing about Vick two years ago, Vince Young three years ago, Sam Bradford (God that hurts to say) two years ago, etc.?

#30 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Sorry, Peter. Not buying it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com