Photo
- - - - -

Does Peter King know something we don't?

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#11 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

That statement is 100% opinion and in no way based on any statements or secret whispers coming from our organization. He's saying that he's not a 100% sure long term solution based on his own personal assessment of his play this year.

#12 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

But I thought our owner said something to the effect of: 'Cam Newton is the only QB I want in Charlotte for the rest of my lifetime' or something like that?

the owner also wasn't counting on being 7-16 right now.

#13 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

King is hoping with all of his being that Cam will flame out. He hates him. With a hate that is palpable. He absolutely hates him. Being a well-known national writer, he's trying to use his pull to go ahead and get that ball rolling on Cam. He's trying his hardest...

Problem is, King stopped talking to credible sources along time ago, and he stopped writing about what they had to say... Instead, he started writing about his own personal opinions and unfounded speculations - it sells more and grabs more attention.

He's full of sh*t.

#14 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

lol Peter King

#15 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Geez some of you need to take a chill pill. Basically he gives you the answer in the OP. Cam was Marty's man. With Marty out, Cam ISN'T the surefire longterm starter in Carolina any more. Just like Vince Young in Tennessee, Jay Cutler in Denver, and many others who have struggled early in their careers at their first stop.

#16 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

normally a new GM will bring in a new QB if he does think he has his guy there, or he cant win with the QB........but look at recent trends most are keeping their young QB and trying to build around them.ex. Rams. Sam Bradford had a helleva rookie year, struggled his 2nd year and ended up on IR. they cleaned house and now the new GM and HC are building around him.i can see something similar happening here.

#17 TonyN

TonyN

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

JR wasn't sold on Newton from the very beginning. He was sold on the kid's talent, but had serious questions about Newton's character and maturity. He interviewed Newton prior to the draft and was satisfied, I guess. But Newton was Hurney's pick ultimately. You would have to be blind to the Carolina situation in toto to believe that Newton is a lock to remain the starter in Carolina past next year unless he improves dramatically, both on the field and off it.

#18 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

JR wasn't sold on Newton from the very beginning. He was sold on the kid's talent, but had serious questions about Newton's character and maturity. He interviewed Newton prior to the draft and was satisfied, I guess. But Newton was Hurney's pick ultimately. You would have to be blind to the Carolina situation in toto to believe that Newton is a lock to remain the starter in Carolina past next year unless he improves dramatically, both on the field and off it.

When the owner says Cam Newton will be his last qb numerous times you better believe he means it.A gm will be brought in for one reason and that's to build this team around Cam.

#19 mcdougal

mcdougal

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

I am 100% certain this is Grits.

#20 Sloth

Sloth

idk

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

JR wasn't sold on Newton from the very beginning. He was sold on the kid's talent, but had serious questions about Newton's character and maturity.

Neato. Got a link?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users