Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PFT: "Contender" has inquired about DeAngelo Williams

96 posts in this topic

Posted

I would have to think it was either the Packers or the Broncos, as Phinisher mentioned... May be more likely that it was the Broncos considering they reportedly were bidding on him up until the last minute in FA, so they may be willing to pay him what they would've given him otherwise, plus Fox is familiar with him.

Yeah, I hate that we're even considering this, if its true. As bad as his contract is, we'd only be compounding the mistake if we let him go. The bigger mistake was re-signing Stewart after sigining Tolbert in FA, which gives us two RBs with similar skill set.

With that said, if DW is traded I certainly hope we get the best value for him and he goes to a contender.

3 people like this

Posted

yes, de lo being traded for bottom dollar value - we may once more become victims of Hurney/ JRs ineptitudes

Posted

I don't want to let him go either, but it may be best for both sides.

That being said, you may want to hide all sharp objects ASAP.

I might seriously cry... No homo

I will be very nervous until Thursday refreshing this web site and my twitter feed... I just pray that we don't take a shitty deal for him. It doesn't benefit us at all to make a rash decision with no GM... This is just bad juju

Posted

Time to get ready to put D-will's jersey on the wall of fame.

Posted

TCF if you cry will you film it and post it on here?

2 people like this

Posted

TCF if you cry will you film it and post it on here?

Absolutely buddy... Give me your email address, and ill send it over str8 away

Posted

Message to Jonathan Stewart. Should a trade go down, step up your game and run like a featured back who inherited the job full time.

Posted

If it's up to Rivera I doubt we trade anyone, no matter what picks we get offered. He's trying to save his job, a future draft pick isn't going to help him when he knows he probably won't be around that long.

Posted

I don't want to lose D Will but the fact is that we have too much money tied up in two)'s and we need to free up some cap space to be able to do something in FA. Altough I would cut Clausen and A Edwards 1st but even that wouldn't give us enough space.

Posted

Make it happen Hurn--oh wait..

Posted

I'd hate to lose DWill. Really love seeing our 1-2 punch at RB. But he is being wasted in Carolina. Hopefully if i trade does go down it will be for a player we can use.

Can anyone fill me in on the cap hit we would take by ridding ourselves of DWill?

Posted

Good to be back lol.

Well ill take a 3rd for Dwill.

I hate to see him go, but with the poor usage of our backs in this system bc of our Coaches, Ill take anything for him now.