Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PFT: "Contender" has inquired about DeAngelo Williams

96 posts in this topic

Posted

What a shame if and when D'Will is traded. I would be happy for him though if he ended up on a contender and got to re-display his skills. I do not get all the D'Will bashing. Is he having a great season, no. Is Stewart or Tolbert having a good season themselves - no. Or I do not think so, or seen anything that makes me think any one of them is that far better than the other. Stewart is younger and maybe will flourish as a feature back time will tell on that. Last week was the first time all season they ran anything close to a conventional offense and it seamed to me D'Will did just as good as the other backs. That plus he still appears to be the only back who can still break open the big one. I think its more his contract and the offensive scheme that is the problem and that is not his fault. That all being said, I am all for what this franchise can do to free up as much $ they can and accumulate as many picks as possible.

Posted

it will be an AFC team

we aren't stupid enough to ship him to an NFC team... are we?

Are we?

Posted

Player trades are hard to do in the NFL, and even less likely in-season. Those that think we would get anything better than a fourth round pick are very likely to be disappointed.

Whether it's CBS, PFT, or Yahoo Sports, these guys are just drumming up page views.

Posted

Broncos or Green Bay would be my choice for him or Carolina but whatever.,

I don't see GB calling....

2010 and 2011 show he is a luxury they don't need to waste money on.

Posted

it will be an AFC team

we aren't stupid enough to ship him to an NFC team... are we?

Are we?

I'd rather him go to the NFC. Why do we want an AFC to take on a dumb contact for an aging RB? Rather a NFC team have that impact them.

Posted

Would be happy to get a deal done. Deangelo is a great guy and better than what he is being used here. It has become a headache and distraction. Plus he gets on my nerves with all of his social media crap.

Posted

I don't see GB calling....

2010 and 2011 show he is a luxury they don't need to waste money on.

It was reported today that McCarthy tried in the past to package a deal to trade for Steven Jackson. So i think he realizes that its a team need.

Posted

It was reported today that McCarthy tried in the past to package a deal to trade for Steven Jackson. So i think he realizes that its a team need.

Jackson's contract also runs out in 2013.....so as of now he makes a lot more sense. Team can essentially use him as a hired gun and don't have to worry about an aging RB impact their cap room in 2014 and 2015 like Williams.

If you have the option, Jackson is much more attractive than Williams today

Posted

I think it’s the Pittsburgh Steelers.

DeAngelo Williams and James Anderson for Mike Wallace

“Mike Wallace (PIT) - After a noisy offseason of threats and 9-digit contract talks, Mike Wallace backed down and returned to the field just in time for the regular season. Despite the distraction, he has caught touchdowns in each of his first two games. After paying Antonio Brown, it's uncertain if the Steelers will be willing and able to reach a compromise with Wallace or if they'll continue to play him year-to-year before trading him, as they did with former #1 receiver Santonio Holmes.”

From Football’s Future

Steelers notebook: Running game fails to make an impact

September 24, 2012 1:19 am

Share with others:

By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The 2012 season is three games old and the Steelers are still in search of their first 100-yard rushing game by a running back. Actually, the Steelers are still searching for their first 50-yard game by a back.

The passing game soared in a 34-31 loss to the Raiders Sunday at O.co Coliseum, but the running game sputtered yet again.

The leading rusher for the Steelers was Isaac Redman, but he could only manage 27 yards on nine carries. As a team, the Steelers rushed for 54 yards on 20 carries.

The rushing statistics have decreased with each game. They had 75 yards against the Denver Broncos and 66 yards a week ago against the New York Jets.

The highest total for a back in any of the first three games is Jonathan Dwyer, who had 43 yards on nine carries against the Broncos.

"I thought it was spotty at times, but I thought when we had a chance we were efficient," guard Willie Colon said. "We have to be cleaner. The more we run the ball the better we'll get."

The Steelers attempted 20 rushes against the Raiders. They had 26 against Denver and 28 against New York.

The lone bright spot for the running game came when the Steelers went for it on fourth-and-1 from their 29 on their final drive. Redman burst through the line for a 5-yard gain.

I think this would be the blockbuster trade that would fit both our needs. We get our #1 receiver and they would get their 100yd a game running back and a reliable LB. This also fits the play-off team that is interested in him.

Posted

DeAngelo Williams and James Anderson for Mike Wallace

I'd cream my pants if that happened. Someone get on the phone with whoever it is that can make this happen.

Posted

Patriots?

Posted

Patriots?

Why in the world would they do that?

They have finally found a running attack and average about 150 yds pr game. Ridley is young, cheap and is playing out of his mind on his way to over 1400 yds and 10 TDs.