Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

PFT: "Contender" has inquired about DeAngelo Williams

96 posts in this topic

Don't want to trade him, that is all.....

"who cares if we win, I have his jersey"

1 person likes this

The shelf life of a CB is short.

RBs and WRs are shorter, but that being said, solid WRs and CBs have long careers. Most WRs and CBs wash out because they suck or wash out at the NFL level, so it appears their shelf life is short, but the ones who are good last a long time.

I would never cut Gamble unless his injuries prevented him from making a full come back.

Steve Reed@SteveReedAP

In terms of trades, no teams have called Panthers about any specific players (only positions). All quiet so far. Trade deadline Thursday.

Saw the same tweet a Lil while ago. Didn't even think to post it

Everyone on said contenders roster is shaking in their boots. No. No. Please not Carolina.

NO WAY in HELL Stewart restructures. He just got the new contract. Its nutty as squirrel sh!t to think otherwise.

I would agree with you if this team wasn't about to be under new management. No player or contract is safe, even ones just signed this year. I would hope that both Williams and Stewart would restructure from their 7-8 mil/year deals to something more in line not with their talent but their carries, say 5-6 mill/year. With TD restructuring because of his injuries and Tolbert leaving money on the table to play here, I don't think this is unreasonable.

I want a receiver

It's sad that it took for Hurney to get fired to make some damn moves. Downright sad

I would agree with you if this team wasn't about to be under new management. No player or contract is safe, even ones just signed this year. I would hope that both Williams and Stewart would restructure from their 7-8 mil/year deals to something more in line not with their talent but their carries, say 5-6 mill/year. With TD restructuring because of his injuries and Tolbert leaving money on the table to play here, I don't think this is unreasonable.

Why would he restructure a deal he JUST got? He'll get paid if he remains on the team or is cut by new managment. DLo is a different story, but Stewart will get his money regardless at this point.

Why would he restructure a deal he JUST got? He'll get paid if he remains on the team or is cut by new managment. DLo is a different story, but Stewart will get his money regardless at this point.

Cuz he got paid. After an 8 figure signing bonus, I doubt he cares much if he gets 5 or 3 mil in salary a year. Giving a big contract then restructuring it seems to be a great way to make a player seem wanted and wealthy while still managing the cap.

I hope we don't do this poo. The best thing to do is keep him and try to restructure both(stew,d-will) of their contracts. They need to restructure Gamble, Beason, Anderson, and Gross. I know Stew can be a featured back by himself, but his injury history scares me. Stew is better on the screens and blocking, but D-Will is more likely to break for a big run.

We don't need to restructure Williams we need to deal him to get rid of him.

Plenty of capable RBs that we can bring up for cheap.

We need to quit over investing in the backfield. Build like a real team

1 person likes this

• This makes sense to a degree with one big BUT... It's clear we'll be changing up our offense quite a bit this season - both due to the need for "evolution" and because of all the new players on offense we have to integrate - especially CMC & Samuel.  So, Stew needs more reps than he would have needed last year just to get in a rhythm with the new guys... Otherwise what you write makes sense. 
    • Already admitted i was wrong saying that, what I meant to write was he never learned to do it in college and makes it much easier to fall back into old habits in the pros. Was going back and edit that before I posted the thread and just forgot. And yes, every QB is going to be inaccurate at times, Cam is more inaccurate than the other top ten QBs, He just is, that's not his game,  didn't see anyone complaining about in 15. He makes up for it in other ways. And, no offense meant, didn't see a whole lot of Cam blaming in your post, actually, didn't see any. It was all someone else's fault. Cam has more difficult throws than many QBs because he frequently passes up easy throws for more difficult ones.  
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tbhx4