#31 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

The new GM is going to have to make some unpopular and painful decisions, similar to this one. We cannot move forward towards becoming a competitive team until we rid ourselves of some of these bloated Hurney inspired contracts.

DWill is one of the more likely causalities of that reality. If he is not gone this season he will likely be gone before next season.

The only real question is deciding what is the best way to accomplish that task. Hopefully in the end, however it goes down, DWill and the Panthers both benefit from the change.

#32 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,166 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Won't happen, but if it did it'd be for a pick, not a player.

#33 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,481 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

That would be ideal, but Nelson and Jennings have been hurt and missing time. Doubt they'd make that deal.

I rather take Jordy Nelson for D-will.

#34 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

You guys are on some crazy drugs....they'd never do that

#35 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hahaha I know right! The Packers GM would probably burst into laughter and hang up the phone.

But I would take Jones. Give Murphy the boot then cut AE when Gettis comes back.

#36 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

34 is not going anywhere until a new GM and coach are hired.

DWill is my favorite Panther. I hope this is the case. I hope we at least see if the new coach would want to use him or not.

#37 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

What a shame if and when D'Will is traded. I would be happy for him though if he ended up on a contender and got to re-display his skills. I do not get all the D'Will bashing. Is he having a great season, no. Is Stewart or Tolbert having a good season themselves - no. Or I do not think so, or seen anything that makes me think any one of them is that far better than the other. Stewart is younger and maybe will flourish as a feature back time will tell on that. Last week was the first time all season they ran anything close to a conventional offense and it seamed to me D'Will did just as good as the other backs. That plus he still appears to be the only back who can still break open the big one. I think its more his contract and the offensive scheme that is the problem and that is not his fault. That all being said, I am all for what this franchise can do to free up as much $ they can and accumulate as many picks as possible.

#38 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,513 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

it will be an AFC team

we aren't stupid enough to ship him to an NFC team... are we?

Are we?

#39 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Player trades are hard to do in the NFL, and even less likely in-season. Those that think we would get anything better than a fourth round pick are very likely to be disappointed.

Whether it's CBS, PFT, or Yahoo Sports, these guys are just drumming up page views.

#40 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

Broncos or Green Bay would be my choice for him or Carolina but whatever.,

I don't see GB calling....

2010 and 2011 show he is a luxury they don't need to waste money on.

#41 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

it will be an AFC team

we aren't stupid enough to ship him to an NFC team... are we?

Are we?

I'd rather him go to the NFC. Why do we want an AFC to take on a dumb contact for an aging RB? Rather a NFC team have that impact them.

#42 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,912 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

Would be happy to get a deal done. Deangelo is a great guy and better than what he is being used here. It has become a headache and distraction. Plus he gets on my nerves with all of his social media crap.

#43 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

I don't see GB calling....

2010 and 2011 show he is a luxury they don't need to waste money on.

It was reported today that McCarthy tried in the past to package a deal to trade for Steven Jackson. So i think he realizes that its a team need.

#44 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

It was reported today that McCarthy tried in the past to package a deal to trade for Steven Jackson. So i think he realizes that its a team need.

Jackson's contract also runs out in 2013.....so as of now he makes a lot more sense. Team can essentially use him as a hired gun and don't have to worry about an aging RB impact their cap room in 2014 and 2015 like Williams.

If you have the option, Jackson is much more attractive than Williams today

#45 acrasia

acrasia

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

I think it’s the Pittsburgh Steelers.

DeAngelo Williams and James Anderson for Mike Wallace

“Mike Wallace (PIT) - After a noisy offseason of threats and 9-digit contract talks, Mike Wallace backed down and returned to the field just in time for the regular season. Despite the distraction, he has caught touchdowns in each of his first two games. After paying Antonio Brown, it's uncertain if the Steelers will be willing and able to reach a compromise with Wallace or if they'll continue to play him year-to-year before trading him, as they did with former #1 receiver Santonio Holmes.”

From Football’s Future

Steelers notebook: Running game fails to make an impact

September 24, 2012 1:19 am
Share with others:
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The 2012 season is three games old and the Steelers are still in search of their first 100-yard rushing game by a running back. Actually, the Steelers are still searching for their first 50-yard game by a back.
The passing game soared in a 34-31 loss to the Raiders Sunday at O.co Coliseum, but the running game sputtered yet again.
The leading rusher for the Steelers was Isaac Redman, but he could only manage 27 yards on nine carries. As a team, the Steelers rushed for 54 yards on 20 carries.
The rushing statistics have decreased with each game. They had 75 yards against the Denver Broncos and 66 yards a week ago against the New York Jets.
The highest total for a back in any of the first three games is Jonathan Dwyer, who had 43 yards on nine carries against the Broncos.
"I thought it was spotty at times, but I thought when we had a chance we were efficient," guard Willie Colon said. "We have to be cleaner. The more we run the ball the better we'll get."
The Steelers attempted 20 rushes against the Raiders. They had 26 against Denver and 28 against New York.
The lone bright spot for the running game came when the Steelers went for it on fourth-and-1 from their 29 on their final drive. Redman burst through the line for a 5-yard gain.

I think this would be the blockbuster trade that would fit both our needs. We get our #1 receiver and they would get their 100yd a game running back and a reliable LB. This also fits the play-off team that is interested in him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.