95 replies to this topic

#71 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for
HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Don't want to trade him, that is all.....

#72 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

"who cares if we win, I have his jersey"

#73 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

The shelf life of a CB is short.

RBs and WRs are shorter, but that being said, solid WRs and CBs have long careers. Most WRs and CBs wash out because they suck or wash out at the NFL level, so it appears their shelf life is short, but the ones who are good last a long time.

I would never cut Gamble unless his injuries prevented him from making a full come back.

#74 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• LocationAlaska
HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Steve Reed@SteveReedAP
In terms of trades, no teams have called Panthers about any specific players (only positions). All quiet so far. Trade deadline Thursday.

Saw the same tweet a Lil while ago. Didn't even think to post it

#75 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Everyone on said contenders roster is shaking in their boots. No. No. Please not Carolina.

#76 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

NO WAY in HELL Stewart restructures. He just got the new contract. Its nutty as squirrel sh!t to think otherwise.

I would agree with you if this team wasn't about to be under new management. No player or contract is safe, even ones just signed this year. I would hope that both Williams and Stewart would restructure from their 7-8 mil/year deals to something more in line not with their talent but their carries, say 5-6 mill/year. With TD restructuring because of his injuries and Tolbert leaving money on the table to play here, I don't think this is unreasonable.

#77 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

I want a receiver

It's sad that it took for Hurney to get fired to make some damn moves. Downright sad

#78 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• LocationWinston-Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

I would agree with you if this team wasn't about to be under new management. No player or contract is safe, even ones just signed this year. I would hope that both Williams and Stewart would restructure from their 7-8 mil/year deals to something more in line not with their talent but their carries, say 5-6 mill/year. With TD restructuring because of his injuries and Tolbert leaving money on the table to play here, I don't think this is unreasonable.

Why would he restructure a deal he JUST got? He'll get paid if he remains on the team or is cut by new managment. DLo is a different story, but Stewart will get his money regardless at this point.

#79 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Why would he restructure a deal he JUST got? He'll get paid if he remains on the team or is cut by new managment. DLo is a different story, but Stewart will get his money regardless at this point.

Cuz he got paid. After an 8 figure signing bonus, I doubt he cares much if he gets 5 or 3 mil in salary a year. Giving a big contract then restructuring it seems to be a great way to make a player seem wanted and wealthy while still managing the cap.

#80 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

I hope we don't do this poo. The best thing to do is keep him and try to restructure both(stew,d-will) of their contracts. They need to restructure Gamble, Beason, Anderson, and Gross. I know Stew can be a featured back by himself, but his injury history scares me. Stew is better on the screens and blocking, but D-Will is more likely to break for a big run.

We don't need to restructure Williams we need to deal him to get rid of him.

Plenty of capable RBs that we can bring up for cheap.

We need to quit over investing in the backfield. Build like a real team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users