Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little praise for part of this team

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Good post.

One point...anyone saying we need to re-negotiate Hardy's pay probably doesn't realize he only makes $540,000 a year. Yeah, I'd say he is earning his money.

Posted · Report post

Excellent find, urry.

Posted · Report post

Very informative, thanks for posting this. I for one did not properly evaluate their production. I'll look at the film and evaluate better going forward - it's a process.

- R. Rivera

Posted · Report post

I like what I see our of the DE spot. I like what I see from the defense as a whole. The secondary could use some more work, but the DL and LB's have played very well this season.

Posted · Report post

Our DE's are playing lights out no doubt about it. Seeing how much of a different a good DT makes with Dwan I cant imagine how good our D as a whole would be with another good DT on the roster. We are not more than one or two players away from having a top 10 D.

Posted · Report post

Hardy getting some love.

Haven't seen much from the haters lately.

Posted · Report post

Great post. Gotta say that some GM did a good job drafting Alexander.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='klumme' timestamp='1351600434' post='1971896']
Our DE's are playing lights out no doubt about it. Seeing how much of a different a good DT makes with Dwan I cant imagine how good our D as a whole would be with another good DT on the roster. We are not more than one or two players away from having a top 10 D.
[/quote]

I was surprised to see that Dwan has the same pass rush productivity as Ndamukong Suh, rated as generating the 11th highest pressure amongst DTs in either 3-4 or 4-3 fronts that have played 50% of their teams snaps.

He is no Geno Atkins or Kyle Williams, but he is twice as productive as the guys we have had the last two years. PFF credit him with 5 sacks, 3 hits and 4 hurries.

Posted · Report post

Having two decent DT's makes the pass rush look a whole lot better...

Posted · Report post

Now we need to replace Munnerlyn and both Safeties.

Posted · Report post

Hardy was a steal when we drafted him. He was a top prospect that had injury concerns but the only concerns that the Panthers have had with him thus far is keeping under the speed limit. It is a nice reminder that good things come to those that wait, unless they wait in Cleveland.