78 replies to this topic

#46 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Thats not him throwing on the run. Thats him not being comfortable in the pocket.

He's definitely not in the pocket in that photo.

#47 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,007 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

When Cam does step back and throw off his back foot he really zings it... too much sometimes... look at some of the throws from the Chicago game. They were hard to catch rockets... I think it's hard for him to not throw it hard. Look at those screens and short touch passes... he's often way high or low.

#48 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Exactly, Cam has a lot to improve from being on the field to the media. But why does he? A lot of the blame goes toward Rivera ESP bc he's the "HC".

I dnt think a Harbaugh, Belichick, or even a Rex Ryan would've let Cam cover himself with a towel and pouch about it on the bench instead of trying to go over plays with teammates on the sideline the first time he committed it.

Rivera forced Smitty to be the first to say something about it. And when you have 89 saying something, it's not going to be seen right.

Coaches are paid to teach players. They're the ones to blame for bad mechanics.

Sure it sounds like a lot of the fans are defending Cam but the kid is only in his 2nd year. Great abilities with poor coaching of maturation in all phases.

Agreed that he needs strong coaching. But, he has to be willing to listen. There have been instances shown on the sideline where Shuka is trying to go over pics of the past series with Can, only to have him ignoring the coach.

I think it is weaknesses on both the coach's AND Cam's part.

#49 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

When Cam does step back and throw off his back foot he really zings it... too much sometimes... look at some of the throws from the Chicago game. They were hard to catch rockets... I think it's hard for him to not throw it hard. Look at those screens and short touch passes... he's often way high or low.

Yep. Like when he threw the end if 1H Hail Mary into the stands behind the end one. He has little to no touch right now.

#50 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Agreed that he needs strong coaching. But, he has to be willing to listen. There have been instances shown on the sideline where Shuka is trying to go over pics of the past series with Can, only to have him ignoring the coach.

I think it is weaknesses on both the coach's AND Cam's part.

Yep. Sideline footage can be tough to interpret because you only get a glance here and a glance there, but I've never been around a football coach that would just let a player sit there and ignore him when he was trying to coach him.

#51 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,007 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Yep. Like when he threw the end if 1H Hail Mary into the stands behind the end one. He has little to no touch right now.

Exactly.. he threw that ball 15 yards past the endzone from the 45 or 50 yard line.

#52 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,388 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Where are the teaching coaches that Rivera signed?

#53 spartan_pantherfan

spartan_pantherfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

We all knew Cam was going to be somewhat of a project, Shula has done well so far. I hope whoever they bring in next will help him take the next step, foot work included. As Fiz said those screen passes are UGLY, no excuse for that. I'd imagine some of those lasers that he throws 15-25 yards down field that sail high are also due to footwork.

#54 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

I blame 50% on Cam, 30% on the option bullshit and 20% on the shaken up line.

It all plays a part. I also think Cam will be the one that will fix it.

#55 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,518 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Can anyone pull up the pick 6 play from this past Sunday?

#56 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

You want to know why him and Smitty haven't connected on a TD? Watch his long throws. He's throwing off his backfoot every time, damn Jake syndrome. It's b/c he's paranoid in the pocket b/c that line sucks. He's lost confidence. Half the time, he just heaves it downfield as fast as he can hoping something happens.

#57 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

Maybe he needs to go back down to IMG and work with Weinke again. I swear he had better mechanics when he first stepped on the field as a rookie than he does right now.

#58 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Where are the teaching coaches that Rivera signed?

Maybe they are looking for a student who is willing to learn?

#59 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Maybe they are looking for a student who is willing to learn?

He was mighty willing to learn from Weinke.

Everyone on this forum bashes the poo out of Chud, Rivera, and the rest of the staff. Everyone except them could see that read option bullshit was not working.

Do you think the players are too dumb to realize this too? Several guys have already made some not very thinly veiled comments basically calling out the coaching staff for being morons. It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of that locker room has simply tuned these fools out. Everyone in that locker room knows this staff is gone at the end of this year if not sooner and the same may be true for some of the players as well. They're just going through the motions this year as an audition for next year, either for the new staff or the other 31 teams in the league.

#60 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

Doesn't help that he's had to fake to 3 guys, spin around, and do the truffle shuffle before half of his throws.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com