Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you share similar beliefs to your parent(s)?

33 posts in this topic

Posted

We didn't talk politics when I was a kid. But I always knew how the folks voted. I'd say my dad and I share a lot of political views, but mom isn't that savvy. As for my kids, put it like this: When small kids insult other kids with "poopie head, dum-dum...etc." My oldest son (who is six) will call you a "democrat"...Sometimes it will be "retarded democrat" but overall, to him, that's the worst thing he can call you...It makes his papa proud!

:rolleyes: & :rolleyes5:

Posted

We didn't talk politics when I was a kid. But I always knew how the folks voted. I'd say my dad and I share a lot of political views, but mom isn't that savvy. As for my kids, put it like this: When small kids insult other kids with "poopie head, dum-dum...etc." My oldest son (who is six) will call you a "democrat"...Sometimes it will be "retarded democrat" but overall, to him, that's the worst thing he can call you...It makes his papa proud!

You all must be a hoot to hang around with when Americas Funniest Home Videos are on.

Posted

:rolleyes: & :rolleyes5:

If he is actually serious about that and not just effing around to crack wise, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Posted

Since I am a registered democrat, it would be hypocritical for me to teach my kids to use that term in a derogatory way.

Now, "liberal hippie" is totally in bounds.

Posted

You all must be a hoot to hang around with when Americas Funniest Home Videos are on.

I don't watch that show. Look, not as smart as you think, are you?

Posted

If he is actually serious about that and not just effing around to crack wise, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

He actually does do it, but I really can't claim it as we don't discuss politics around our kids. It is kinda funny, though. But in all fairness, he is a big fan of Obama, he says he likes him because he smiles a lot...I told him that was as good a reason as any.

Posted

Both of my parents a die hard republicans and catholics. I am not either of those...but personality wise I am a lot like them. I have my fathers sense of humor, temper, and his way with people. I have my mothers trusting nature, caring, and loyalty to friends and family. Though we may not agree on much when it comes to politics (even arguing and tesing each other) they can be assured that my beliefs are my own.

Posted

i might also add that you have your mother's caring embrace.

Posted

:cool: