Photo
- - - - -

Do you share similar beliefs to your parent(s)?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#11 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

up until this past election i had never paid attention to politics of any kind, never had any kind of conversation with parentals about it, just wasnt a priority to me. this election, my mom rode me about registering to vote so i could "partake in this historical election". i registered on the last day possible, and had started paying a lil more attention to the debates and crap so when election rolled around i voted. mom called me later on to talk about it and thats when i found out she had just assumed that i voted republican. i was like "ma, i voted obama." Dead silence. "beth, are you joking". that was when i realized i was the black sheep. and i dont consider myself a "democrat" or really an anything. i just happened to like the democrat better. ANYWAYS. now, politics is def. a heated discussion with my WHOLE REPUBLICAN family always calling with every press conference, sending emails, blahblahblah. politics shmolitics.

So it's YOUR fault...

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

My family comes from Wilkes county, which has been Republican since Sherman marched through the Carolinas. When I voted none of the above in 2004, I might be the only member of my family who didn't vote for a republican presidential candidate in the last 30 years. :)

#13 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:48 AM

mostly.. My mom is a school teacher so a bit jaded, but can't see how so much of what is taught at public schools is total crap. Just too close to it I guess... She thinks Ron Paul accomplished nothing b/c he didn't win so that annoys me but other than that she is pretty down

My dad and I have almost exact same view points. I remember back in the day he was very against NAFTA and being a young kid just watching the news I thought he was a moron. I now realize I was the moron and respect his ability to see through the lies.

I turned him on to Ron Paul and after getting over the neocon war hawk propaganda he is all about classical conservatism.

He is anti-france, where I am not, that is about all I can think of.

#14 Kylee

Kylee

JRMEMBERMYASS:(

HUDDLER

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

So it's YOUR fault...

....LOL. uh okay. you cant blame the condition the "nation" is in on any one presidency just like you cant expect it to be cleaned up with any one presidency. i claim no fault. and i would revote obama again JUST to piss my momma off AGAIN. gets me outta alot more phone conversations now.

#15 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

Yes and No

#16 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

no i don't, not on most things. dad is a moderate republican. mom is a misanthrope.

Yeah werewolves hate everybody.

#17 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

HUDDLER

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

Yeah werewolves hate everybody.

No no no. Lycanthrope would be a werewolf. Misanthrope would be someone who turns into a woman in the full moon light.

#18 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

um no there are very few things we agree on.

my brother and my beleifs are both extremly different from our parents.

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:57 AM

Never really got to know their details, but I don't remember my parents being into anything but local politics because their friends would always ask them to support one campaign or another. It was more about the people than the positions.

#20 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:11 AM

Not really...

But that's not to say that they weren't major factors in my beliefs. A great number of my beliefs can be traced back to a stand I took that was in deliberate opposition to what I thought my parents wanted me to believe.