Photo
- - - - -

Do you share similar beliefs to your parent(s)?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#16 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,841 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

no i don't, not on most things. dad is a moderate republican. mom is a misanthrope.

Yeah werewolves hate everybody.

#17 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

Yeah werewolves hate everybody.

No no no. Lycanthrope would be a werewolf. Misanthrope would be someone who turns into a woman in the full moon light.

#18 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

um no there are very few things we agree on.

my brother and my beleifs are both extremly different from our parents.

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,631 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:57 AM

Never really got to know their details, but I don't remember my parents being into anything but local politics because their friends would always ask them to support one campaign or another. It was more about the people than the positions.

#20 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:11 AM

Not really...

But that's not to say that they weren't major factors in my beliefs. A great number of my beliefs can be traced back to a stand I took that was in deliberate opposition to what I thought my parents wanted me to believe.

#21 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

As far as religion goes yes all of us are Christian but..others things we look at different my dad grew up in a time of racism..Its not that he is a racist just does not think the world has changed as much as I think it has…me and my mother have a lot of the same beliefs.

#22 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:03 AM

No.

#23 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

Dad was a believer, and a PO'd white trash conservative Republican.
Mom is a believer, and an aging hippie liberal douche.

I'm an Atheist and a Libertarian.

So nope, not really.

#24 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:40 AM

We didn't talk politics when I was a kid. But I always knew how the folks voted. I'd say my dad and I share a lot of political views, but mom isn't that savvy. As for my kids, put it like this: When small kids insult other kids with "poopie head, dum-dum...etc." My oldest son (who is six) will call you a "democrat"...Sometimes it will be "retarded democrat" but overall, to him, that's the worst thing he can call you...It makes his papa proud!

#25 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

We didn't talk politics when I was a kid. But I always knew how the folks voted. I'd say my dad and I share a lot of political views, but mom isn't that savvy. As for my kids, put it like this: When small kids insult other kids with "poopie head, dum-dum...etc." My oldest son (who is six) will call you a "democrat"...Sometimes it will be "retarded democrat" but overall, to him, that's the worst thing he can call you...It makes his papa proud!

:rolleyes: & :rolleyes5:

#26 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,631 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

You all must be a hoot to hang around with when Americas Funniest Home Videos are on.

#27 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

:rolleyes: & :rolleyes5:

If he is actually serious about that and not just effing around to crack wise, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

#28 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

Since I am a registered democrat, it would be hypocritical for me to teach my kids to use that term in a derogatory way.

Now, "liberal hippie" is totally in bounds.

#29 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

You all must be a hoot to hang around with when Americas Funniest Home Videos are on.

I don't watch that show. Look, not as smart as you think, are you?

#30 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

If he is actually serious about that and not just effing around to crack wise, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

He actually does do it, but I really can't claim it as we don't discuss politics around our kids. It is kinda funny, though. But in all fairness, he is a big fan of Obama, he says he likes him because he smiles a lot...I told him that was as good a reason as any.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com