Photo
- - - - -

Do you share similar beliefs to your parent(s)?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 scpanther22

scpanther22

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

As far as religion goes yes all of us are Christian but..others things we look at different my dad grew up in a time of racism..Its not that he is a racist just does not think the world has changed as much as I think it has…me and my mother have a lot of the same beliefs.

#22 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:03 AM

No.

#23 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

Dad was a believer, and a PO'd white trash conservative Republican.
Mom is a believer, and an aging hippie liberal douche.

I'm an Atheist and a Libertarian.

So nope, not really.

#24 Htar

Htar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:40 AM

We didn't talk politics when I was a kid. But I always knew how the folks voted. I'd say my dad and I share a lot of political views, but mom isn't that savvy. As for my kids, put it like this: When small kids insult other kids with "poopie head, dum-dum...etc." My oldest son (who is six) will call you a "democrat"...Sometimes it will be "retarded democrat" but overall, to him, that's the worst thing he can call you...It makes his papa proud!

#25 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

We didn't talk politics when I was a kid. But I always knew how the folks voted. I'd say my dad and I share a lot of political views, but mom isn't that savvy. As for my kids, put it like this: When small kids insult other kids with "poopie head, dum-dum...etc." My oldest son (who is six) will call you a "democrat"...Sometimes it will be "retarded democrat" but overall, to him, that's the worst thing he can call you...It makes his papa proud!

:rolleyes: & :rolleyes5:

#26 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

You all must be a hoot to hang around with when Americas Funniest Home Videos are on.

#27 Fireball77

Fireball77

HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

:rolleyes: & :rolleyes5:

If he is actually serious about that and not just effing around to crack wise, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

#28 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

Since I am a registered democrat, it would be hypocritical for me to teach my kids to use that term in a derogatory way.

Now, "liberal hippie" is totally in bounds.

#29 Htar

Htar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

You all must be a hoot to hang around with when Americas Funniest Home Videos are on.

I don't watch that show. Look, not as smart as you think, are you?

#30 Htar

Htar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

If he is actually serious about that and not just effing around to crack wise, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

He actually does do it, but I really can't claim it as we don't discuss politics around our kids. It is kinda funny, though. But in all fairness, he is a big fan of Obama, he says he likes him because he smiles a lot...I told him that was as good a reason as any.