Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keep Pounding

McDumbnutz Comments on Loss to Bears

49 posts in this topic

Actually he isn't....if you hold a team to 200 yards, have 6 sacks and generate 3 turnovers....you SHOULD win. The fact the Bears had the ball to make that last drive is an embarrassment to the STs and Offense of Carolina.....game should of been won much earlier. Only against Carolina would an opponent have an opportunity to win that game

When his defense took the field who was winning? O ok. How many drives started with terribble field position because the staff allowed the bears to start from the 40? O ok. It's a team game. Defense has its job to do so does the offense and special teams. The defense and offense played well the defense were just the last ones stuck with picking up the bill and their check bounced.

My main point was the Bears last drive that put them into FG range....... They didnt do anything different, they ran the same play over and over until they got into FG range. So if the coaching staff knew this, why did they call plays that made us play soft, the Bears needed a FG not a TD, tighter coverages should have been called.

1 person likes this

What I think happened?

The secondary all remembered very well the fiasco in Atlanta. None of them wanted to be the poster boy for the big play, so they played softer than they should have, not recognizing the difference in the situation.

So if you're the head coach, you need to call a timeout after the 1st or 2nd slant, get the guys together, and remind them of how few yards the O needed to travel to win the game, telling them to tighten up their coverages. This is a very young secondary, especially in the case of Norman and Thomas, and they need to be coached. You don't just sit back and watch them fail, which is what RR and staff decided to do.

2 people like this

They might know more about football than we do but it doesnt excuse the horrible win percentage for the last 2 years.

Actually he isn't....if you hold a team to 200 yards, have 6 sacks and generate 3 turnovers....you SHOULD win. The fact the Bears had the ball to make that last drive is an embarrassment to the STs and Offense of Carolina.....game should of been won much earlier. Only against Carolina would an opponent have an opportunity to win that game

Should've, could've, wasn't. We played the same soft zone bullshit the entire 4th quarter and they killed us with the same quick slants all 4th quarter. Why go away from what got you in a position to potentially win the game? The biggest reason why our pass rush was rendered ineffective was because those same quick slants were wide ass open every time. The ball was gone as soon as Cutler completed his drop.

They might know more about football than we do but it doesnt excuse the horrible win percentage for the last 2 years.

The truly sad thing is that they do know a helluva lot more about football than all of us combined yet they continue to make boneheaded mistakes that are obvious to everyone except them.

they made a change to quick routes vs our soft corner play. Thus no more sacks Heck almost anyone could see that. Can I be DC? plz I'll do it for a quarter of what he's being paid on a trial basis Jerry you listening!?!

They increased Cutlers drop step count also.

While you may or may not like the staff there is one thing that is certain. They have all been working, playing, and living the sport most of their lives. They have all been employed at the highest level attainable. They know more about football than any single one of you knows about anything.

LOL little kid statement.

I am a professional at my job as well and would certainly challenge that they know more about football than I do about my job.

I'm not the equivalent of 7-16 I can tell you that much.

McDermott meme upcoming...?

23815EDD-B993-43EF-BB1D-F76DDA8F0DFB-1167-0000015317A43E77.jpg

1 person likes this

So McD should of held them to 100 yards....and had more sacks and turnovers?

D did their part to whoop the Bears. McD is right.....even though he should of kept his mouth shut

So McDerb calls a good game for 3 QTR and 13 minutes, and then reverts back to calling soft coverages like he did vs the Giants, but its not his fault right?