• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Andy Reid is out at the end of the season.... would he be an upgrade?

#2 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

yes a huge upgrade IMO

#3 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

He might very well be an upgrade but I don't see him fitting with this organization and he wouldn't interest me much personally.

#4 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

yes a huge upgrade IMO

I don't necessarily agree with this statement. Name recognition is there, no doubt about it. But I think him and Rivera have a lot more in common than you think. Lets look at the facts:

Both arguably have some talented teams that are both struggling mightily and underachieving.

Both have made some questionable hires to their staff

Both have under achieving QB's (arguable)

Andy Reid IMO, is not the answer for us.

#5 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

I don't necessarily agree with this statement. Name recognition is there, no doubt about it. But I think him and Rivera have a lot more in common than you think. Lets look at the facts:

Both arguably have some talented teams that are both struggling mightily and underachieving.

Gotta go, finish this up in a bit.

I would have to agree. IMO, the Eagles are more talented then us, and they dont look that impressive IMO, a lot of it has to do with Vick playing like poo, also...

#6 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,993 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

I've been saying this for a few weeks now, but if they are both fired at the end of the year, Reid to Carolina is going to be a huge story in the media. Reid can GM, coach, and mentor Cam Newton. He's always been referred to as a QB guru.

I don't know how I feel about it and I'm usually not a fan of recycling coaches but I can promise you that these rumors will start to heat up if it looks like both teams are making a change.

#7 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

I've been saying this for a few weeks now, but if they are both fired at the end of the year, Reid to Carolina is going to be a huge story in the media. Reid can GM, coach, and mentor Cam Newton. He's always been referred to as a QB guru.

I don't know how I feel about it and I'm usually not a fan of recycling coaches but I can promise you that these rumors will start to heat up if it looks like both teams are making a change.

Just wait til Monday night when we play at Philly. By then there will be so many stories and rumors leading up to that game it won't even be funny

#8 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,993 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

I would have to agree. IMO, the Eagles are more talented then us, and they dont look that impressive IMO, a lot of it has to do with Vick playing like poo, also...

Vick is playing like crap because that's what Vick has always been in his NFL career. A streaky QB. He's older now, too.

Coaches have lifespans with teams (we saw that with John Fox here) and a change is probably past due in Philly.

It would be interesting to see what Reid would do with McDermott if he decided to come here.

#9 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Gotta go, finish this up in a bit.

Andy Reid has proven he can take team's to the playoffs (like 5 NFC title games??) as well as develop QBs masterfully, wtf has rivera done as a HC to show he has ANYTHING in common with reid?? i might not be all for him as our next HC but Reid is a proven commodity, Ron Rivera is a proven piece of horsecrap (as a HC), they should NOT be compared at ALL

#10 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

It's a shame that we misses out on a guy like Jeff Fisher. The timing just wasn't right. Guess it wasn't meant to be

#11 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,993 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Just wait til Monday night when we play at Philly. By then there will be so many stories and rumors leading up to that game it won't even be funny

Yeah gotta agree with this.

If and when Reid is fired, the guy is obviously a workaholic and I don't see him moving to broadcasting.

Again, I'm not politicking for Reid here but on paper it looks like a natural fit.

Would you guys rather take a guy like Reid, or roll the dice with some inexperienced coordinator? I'd take Reid.

#12 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Andy Reid has proven he can take team's to the playoffs (like 5 NFC title games??) as well as develop QBs masterfully, wtf has rivera done as a HC to show he has ANYTHING in common with reid?? i might not be all for him as our next HC but Reid is a proven commodity, Ron Rivera is a proven piece of horsecrap (as a HC), they should NOT be compared at ALL

# of Super Bowl Rings
Andy Reid- 0
Ron Rivera- 1

Now STFU

Ron Rivera is a poo poo coach though

#13 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

not interested thank you.

#14 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,210 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

JR is going to stay away from the name brands. Unless Cowher is a fit, it'll probably end up being Louisville's QB coach and the D-Coordinator from Byrnes High School. Since seifert, we don't go high profile.

#15 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Reid is overrated. Still living off McNabb, hasnt won a playoff game since him. Phillys O line is terrible, Vick gets hit IN THe POCKET more than any QB, and Reid wont utilize their best offensive weapon in MCCoy. He would only ruin Cam, no thanks. We need a HC who isnt afraid to run the ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.