Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Programmers out there want to help me with a program for school?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

You'll also have to learn metabolomics, proteomics, and some biostats. Or just look pretty and nod when they talk to you.

OK, just nod.

Ha, I could do that. Perl is my main scripting language.

I would do the Biotats in R though.

Posted

Natty is right. Learn Enterprise Java, spend 2 years programming (this is how long it truly take to become an efficient coder).

Banks will knock down your door for your skills. Degree or not.

I wish I had done this.

Posted

Natty is right. Learn Enterprise Java, spend 2 years programming (this is how long it truly take to become an efficient coder).

Banks will knock down your door for your skills. Degree or not.

I wish I had done this.

Then get a non-bank job and use the demand from the banks as leverage. Screw working at the bank.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why do you say that? Java is still king in the enterprise world.

Yeah, JEE is still kicking and will be for a while (hell even COBOL isn't dead) so I guess it just depends on how you want to leverage your skills. I did come across as that guy that swears by his language of choice though lol - I meant it more as an opinion.

Coming out of the corporate world and into the startups, most companies (or VCs/Angels) are looking for Ruby/Perl/Python devs.

Posted

I'm a tutor for the intro to C++ course at my university. I cover the very basics up to basic classes. But I don't know a lick of Java. I know enough to limp my way through an Android programming tutorial, I've made my "Hello World" App but that's all.