Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Teams Calling About Smitty

144 posts in this topic

rotoworld...

The Charlotte Observer confirms at least one NFC team inquired as to Steve Smith's availability on Sunday, but that no formal offer was made, and no follow-up talks have taken place.It doesn't sound like the Panthers are actively shopping their lone dependable playmaker outside of Cam Newton. Under contract for an affordable $3.75 million in 2013, it's doubtful Smith is with a different team this time next week.

The Charlotte Observer confirms at least one NFC team inquired as to Steve Smith's availability on Sunday, but that no formal offer was made, and no follow-up talks have taken place.It doesn't sound like the Panthers are actively shopping their lone dependable playmaker outside of Cam Newton. Under contract for an affordable $3.75 million in 2013, it's doubtful Smith is with a different team this time next week.

Thanks Rotoworld.

The level of stupid that would be required to trade Steve Smith is Short Bus Passenger level.

get that big ass video out of your sig

reported.

You deceiver, you had me looking for a big ASS in his sig......reported.

wtf? trade him and see what you can get. I love him but he's either gonna retire or leave via FA.

I swear to god we have the biggest clowns running this trainwreck.

He can retire but he cant leave in FA. He was signed to another 5 year contract last year. By that time he would be to old.

Trade him for any 6'5 WR we can get our hands on... Maybe then Cam's high balls he loves to throw will find the hands of our WR's and not the FS 20 yards behind

rom what I know about Panthers WR Steve Smith, and I've known him awhile, my guess is he would retire before agreeing to a trade.12:24pm - 31 Oct 12

I know Smith values his time with his kids and doesn't want to uproot them even for a couple of years. Also building a new house in CLT.12:26pm - 31 Oct 12

@SteveReedAP

On my mornin' drive NFL AM mentioned they didn't think he was going anywhere and we have denied the trade inquiries

On my mornin' drive NFL AM mentioned they didn't think he was going anywhere and we have denied the trade inquiries

I wonder how much they know. While Smitty is valuable now, will he be when this team is ready to make a run? To not listen to offers is stupid, but if they were, I would bet radio show hosts would not know. (I am not saying that you were suggesting they would, just making a point)

Personally, I would listen to offers for any player at any time. You want Keuchly? It will cost a first rounder and a solid DT. Cam Newton? A first rounder in 2013, a first rounder in 2014.

Armanti Edwards? The rest of that sandwich.