PY says it should be up to Smitty.

#137 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Trade him for any 6'5 WR we can get our hands on... Maybe then Cam's high balls he loves to throw will find the hands of our WR's and not the FS 20 yards behind

#138 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,419 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

rom what I know about Panthers WR Steve Smith, and I've known him awhile, my guess is he would retire before agreeing to a trade.12:24pm - 31 Oct 12

I know Smith values his time with his kids and doesn't want to uproot them even for a couple of years. Also building a new house in CLT.12:26pm - 31 Oct 12

@SteveReedAP

#139 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

On my mornin' drive NFL AM mentioned they didn't think he was going anywhere and we have denied the trade inquiries

#140 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

On my mornin' drive NFL AM mentioned they didn't think he was going anywhere and we have denied the trade inquiries

I wonder how much they know. While Smitty is valuable now, will he be when this team is ready to make a run? To not listen to offers is stupid, but if they were, I would bet radio show hosts would not know. (I am not saying that you were suggesting they would, just making a point)

Personally, I would listen to offers for any player at any time. You want Keuchly? It will cost a first rounder and a solid DT. Cam Newton? A first rounder in 2013, a first rounder in 2014.
Armanti Edwards? The rest of that sandwich.

#141 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Trade him for any 6'5 WR we can get our hands on... Maybe then Cam's high balls he loves to throw will find the hands of our WR's and not the FS 20 yards behind

Got one on the practice squad if that's what they want.

#142 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

“It’s getting old,” Smith said. “There is a tradition growing here, and I’m not sure which way this tradition is going.”

Great to hear... Gets me pumped for next year!!!!!!

::rolls eyes::

#143 Greg Schiano

Greg Schiano

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

You know what you can disagree with me all you want. But calling me names wont change my postings. So shut the fug up and go troll someone else.

I'll trade you guys TebowTimeBucFan for JTGreensboro.

#144 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

89 will retire a panther. Why people won't to trade, that I will never get. We are not GMs, let the front office or soon to be front office. My job is to cheer on the panthers as a fan. I don't need to worry about contracts. Smith is the best panther to ever put on an uniform and given his heart to this organization. Let him ride off in the sunset when he is ready. He has been our best weapon for like a decade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com