#76 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,351 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Also jtGreesnboro gets a warning for being douchyer than usual.

Posted Image

#77 LelouchBritannia

LelouchBritannia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

I just see no logical reason to trade 89, unless as you said its a good deal, but my good deal(at least a first imo) is not something a team would be willing to offer at this point.

In addition, with a team who has needs in many areas, if you do trade 89, it leaves a MASSIVE void at WR, and adds it to the short list of positions that are in dire need of being upgraded.

So in other words, if trading Smitty significantly weakens an aspect of your team while giving you say a 2nd round pick next year, who you use on a WR who you hope will be a significant contributer 2-3 years down the line essentially is saying that you don't want to win, and instead would prefer to significantly weaken your overall team for a chance to hopefully get someone who is a starter in the 2nd. Let alone a starter who you would rely on, or would be even half the receiver Smith was at any point in his career.

#78 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,384 posts
  • LocationKurby

It's not a want issue.
It's a what helps the future issue.

89 is low on my list of people I WANT to trade, but if it is a good deal, you make the move.

Also jtGreesnboro gets a warning for being douchyer than usual.

A 3rd? Sure. We could probably fill a FS in the 3rd round but anything lower than that is ridiculous. Can't always hit gold in the lower rounds.

#79 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'd be willing to bet that smitty has a trade clause in his contract. He and his family love Charlotte. He's not going anywhere, he'll just retire...

I'd love to see him come back as our WR coach one day...He'd still get a ring as a coach...

Yeah, he can love Charlotte....live here....and rent a pad to crash in to play in another city. TONS of guys do that....they don't all pack up ther families.

We should trade him. New era shouldn't include Smith....he represents the past and we won't ever transition away from our one man pass attack until he is gone. Find Cam his WRs....

#80 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

I don't know why everybody is so excited for a fourth round pick.

#81 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

The Bills call about Smitty and everyone is calling for a fire sale or Trade Cam?! Wtf people get a grip.

We have 2 or 3 players we could move that would be worthwhile. Even that is a long shot. No one is going to give us the farm for overpaid players. Most GMs are not stupid like Hurney.

Cam has struggles for half a season and people wanna get rid of him?!

Amazing, just amazing .

#82 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

The Bills call about Smitty and everyone is calling for a fire sale or Trade Cam?! Wtf people get a grip.

We have 2 or 3 players we could move that would be worthwhile. Even that is a long shot. No one is going to give us the farm for overpaid players. Most GMs are not stupid like Hurney.

Cam has struggles for half a season and people wanna get rid of him?!

Amazing, just amazing .

I don't think anyone is looking for a team to "give up the farm".....

Realistically just getting off some contracts would be a win......like Williams.

If Cam is struggling.....then he struggled last year. Just bc Jason Whitlock says he was struggling doesn't it make it true....Chud and the O are struggling and it isn't bc of Newton. Unrealistic expeditions doesn't = struggling.

#83 Duffguy

Duffguy

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

The reason I don't think this is even fathomable is the fact that not only would we lose a fantastic No. 1 receiver. We would not only lose our most veteran WR but our most veteran player in that locker room. I like the development of LaFell this year. The few games that we've had an offensive appearance he has shown up as a legitimate No. 2.

The most veteran receiver on our roster would be Louis Murphy, with four years. We've got plenty of talent to develop, I just don't think it's a viable option.

#84 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

How long do you guys think smitty has left in him anyway - Im asking those who dont want to try to get something for him this year in a lost season?

#85 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

But, we've turned them all down so far...

Didn't you hear Ron's presser? He said they have no plans to trade anyone... it is what it is

#86 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

SO FAR

#87 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,322 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

In smittys position if I was traded to the bills I would want to retire immediately.

#88 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Some quotes:
Me, this morning at 9:41 here on the Huddle
Wonder if JR had a little "clarifying" phone call with RR after his Alexander Haig moment.

Darin Gantt, today at 6:11 PM on Pro Football Talk
Head coach Ron Rivera had his Al Haig moment last week, saying the buck stopped with him on personnel moves..

Think Darin's been visiting the Huddle today?

#89 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,298 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Did Pittsburgh die when they were telling Hines it was time to retire? Did New England crater trading away Seymour? As a fan base, we need to grow the heck up and understand what it takes to build a dynasty.

#90 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,351 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Did Pittsburgh die when they were telling Hines it was time to retire? Did New England crater trading away Seymour? As a fan base, we need to grow the heck up and understand what it takes to build a dynasty.

Call me when we have receivers like Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. In both of these situations, those players were expendable because they already had someone to fill that void.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.