• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#91 LelouchBritannia

LelouchBritannia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Did Pittsburgh die when they were telling Hines it was time to retire? Did New England crater trading away Seymour? As a fan base, we need to grow the heck up and understand what it takes to build a dynasty.

not even remotely close to the same situation. Hines had been the clear 2/3/4th receiver for a number of years before his retirement, not to mention they were primarily a running team.

Neither is true in carolina, steve is the clear #1 receiver, and there is a massive dropoff after him. Oh and we can't run the ball to save our lives.

#92 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,877 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Didn't you hear Ron's presser? He said they have no plans to trade anyone... it is what it is

Smith is above his pay grade.....just like Williams. Rivera will deflect those to the higher ups bc the buck only stops at Rivera with scrubs.

#93 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

we need SOME veteran leadership on this team, without smitty we're 0-7

#94 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

we need SOME veteran leadership on this team, without smitty we're 0-7

When has Smith every given Veteran leadership? Sure his play is awesome but I dont see that as leadership.

#95 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,136 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

not even remotely close to the same situation. Hines had been the clear 2/3/4th receiver for a number of years before his retirement, not to mention they were primarily a running team.

Neither is true in carolina, steve is the clear #1 receiver, and there is a massive dropoff after him. Oh and we can't run the ball to save our lives.

I'm speaking more to the emotional attachment to players versus performance right now. Get what you can.

#96 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Some quotes:
Me, this morning at 9:41 here on the Huddle
Wonder if JR had a little "clarifying" phone call with RR after his Alexander Haig moment.

Darin Gantt, today at 6:11 PM on Pro Football Talk
Head coach Ron Rivera had his Al Haig moment last week, saying the buck stopped with him on personnel moves..

Think Darin's been visiting the Huddle today?

the guy is stealin your poo - get a lawyer

#97 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

I want smitty to finish his career here.

#98 Dilated_chakra

Dilated_chakra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

He stays. Are you people serious? Smith for a 3rd??? The way this organization drafts wideouts I wouldnt take a 1st fug you guys he is the only thing keeping the offense alive

#99 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Call me when we have receivers like Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. In both of these situations, those players were expendable because they already had someone to fill that void.

They're coming jt

They're coming

#100 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Steve Smith has been the best player on this team for the last decade. His value to this team is worth a heck of a lt more than what wed get in a trade. Do you really want Brandon LaFell as Cam's #1 option. Do you realize how terrible our offense would be. Having Smith for the next couple years allows us to not have to draft a WR with a top 5 pick...which right now is something we can't afford to do considering our holes on the OL and in the secondary.

#101 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,136 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

I suggested trading him years ago when he had a lot more worth...but now you'd be lucky to get a 3rd for him.

Although...Oakland's notorious for overpaying.

#102 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Anyone who says "trade smith and get what you can" is retarded.

YEAA LETS GET AS MANY YOUNG AND SHITTY PLAYERS AS WE CAN!!!! Because that's what everyone else is doing, and it leads to success!!11!!!

I heard the Cardinals are willing to trade Fitz for a 3rd and a stick of gum.
I heard the Patriots want to trade Tom Brady for 2 2nd's and a lick of a tootsie pop.

You don't trade your best offensive weapon for trash talent or 4th round draft picks that you cut after a year. Period. End of story.

You dislike Smitty? ok. You don't feel like this team is doing much this year? I agree.

You DO NOT TRADE YOUR BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON FOR SHITTY PLAYERS.

YOU DOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOT TRAAAAADE YOUR BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON FOR SHITTY PLAYERS OR DRAFT PICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Smith...100% chance to contribute to this team this year and a great chance to contribute positively for the next 2-3 years.

Random Draft Pick.....5-10% chance of contributing next year, .001% chance of being a stud, .0000033333% chance of being a fringe hall of famer. Make it happen new GM!!

Excellent post and I agree 100%.

#103 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

When has Smith every given Veteran leadership? Sure his play is awesome but I don't see that as leadership.

Maybe when he told cam he needs to man up and take responsibility or maybe all the help he's given to our young receivers. They even say how much they learn from him.

#104 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hell no
Don't trade Smith

#105 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I'm disgusted by the people who want to trade him
You don't trade the best player in your franchise's history.

What would we get? A 3rd? How many of those work out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.