Disney buys Lucas Arts - new Star Wars trilogy being made
Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:11 PM
Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:49 PM
Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:02 PM
Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:08 PM
Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:25 PM
Disney has never done anything wiht them except a cartoon version of "The Marvelouys Land of Oz", entitiled "Return to Oz"
Not Owned by Disney:
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900)
- The Marvelous Land of Oz (1904)
- ***** Visitors from the Marvelous Land of Oz (1905, comic strip depicting 27 stories)
- The Woggle-Bug Book (1905)
- Ozma of Oz (1907)
- Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz (1908)
- The Road to Oz (1909)
- The Emerald City of Oz (1910)
- The Patchwork Girl of Oz (1913)
- Little Wizard Stories of Oz (1913, collection of 6 short stories)
- Tik-Tok of Oz (1914)
- The Scarecrow of Oz (1915)
- Rinkitink in Oz (1916)
- The Lost Princess of Oz (1917)
- The Tin Woodman of Oz (1918)
- The Magic of Oz (1919, posthumously published)
- Glinda of Oz (1920, posthumously published)
- The Royal Book of Oz (1921, posthumous attribution—entirely the work of Ruth Plumly Thompson)
I was always surprised Eisner never did anything with them.
After "John Carter" I think Disney can handle the Star Wars Saga.
Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:51 PM
Milking the cow it seems. Star Wars is George Lucas. They should just start a new IP instead, but that would take creativity and risks, something hard to come by these days.
I think we can all agree that Empire is the best Star Wars movie and it was neither written nor directed by Lucas. Lucas did the story, Irvin Kershner directed and Lawrence Kasdan and Leigh Brackett penned the screenplay.
Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:08 AM
skeptical of the outcome but this is most definitely the best thing for the franchise. I expect them to adapt some of the post-return of the jedi books into movies (Heir to the Empire trilogy anyone?) ...... which I will definitely be looking forward to.
In the movie world we have right now of almost all sequels and mostly terrible 'original' IPs...i think i'm excited.
Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:28 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users