#61 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Maybe wishful thinking but i would love to see a Boba Fett spinoff. Kind of the way Marvel went with Wolverine.

My god, they could do so much like this it's ridiculous...

Darth Bane, Young Yoda, Boba Fett, independent Vader stuff (between the original movies or just before them), Han Solo adventures, Rogue Squadron, and on and on...

What about a whole movie with Mace Windu as the lead with SLJ playing him!

#62 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Kevin J. Anderson was a horrible EU writer.

#63 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

so, question for you folks who have read a lot of the Star Wars EU novels, etc.

if I were to try and hop into some of those novels, where would/should I begin? i just looked up on wikipedia the list of novels for the EU, and found this fuging absurd list: http://en.wikipedia....Star_Wars_books

that's a big ass list, but it includes everything... young adult novels, novellas, etc. i wouldn't want to dig that deep, i'd just want the main, adult novels.

i found these two lists for just the main novels: http://www.jeditempl...reports/novels/ and http://www.jeditempl...easeorder.shtml. the first is in story order, the second is in release order. i'm guessing i should try and follow story order if i were to jump into this? i know there's some bumps in the road for pre-prequel books because of the actual prequel movies, but i'm guessing it still all kind of makes sense in the end

suggestions?

#64 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

The Darth Bane books are really good

Death Star was good.

Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader was excellent

but I'd start with Zahn's Thrawn trilogy... go to New Jedi Order and then Legacy of the Force to Fate of the Jedi...

Crap that'll take you quite a while unless you read like crazy... the order isn't all that important, I mean non of it is really suspenseful as to the final outcome of the novels.

Then fill in with whatever else you like... I've read all of that btw... I'm sure Scrum has and pretty sure Saltman has too.

#65 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

If I had the time, I'd go through and give my recommendations of which ones to read (Zahn books, the New Jedi Order stuff, etc.) and which ones to avoid (anything written by Kevin J Anderson, 99% of the women writers [sorry], and Splinter of the Mind's Eye...that one is funny to read now, but since it was written in before Empire Strikes Back, it's completely out of the continuum)...

#66 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

so, basically it doesn't really matter if I skip around? i get that there's a long line of continuity and canon, but i'm not going to not understand anything if i pick and choose and don't start from the beginning?

just fyi - this is coming from a very basic fan, seen the originals several times, prequels a handful of times

#67 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,891 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

This reminds me that I still have not seen much of Attack of the Clones except a glimpse or two when I catch it on TV. It holds my attention for a minute or two before I move on. I'm hoping #7 will not require me to sit through that.

#68 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

so, basically it doesn't really matter if I skip around? i get that their's a long line of continuity and canon, but i'm not going to not understand anything if i pick and choose and don't start from the beginning?

just fyi - this is coming from a very basic fan, seen the originals several times, prequels a handful of times

Yeah, I mean there are references in the novels to previous stories, but they explain it pretty well.

That order I gave you is chronological and would make the most sense. It does skip a few series, but honestly you're not missing much...

#69 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

cool, thank you sir

#70 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

This reminds me that I still have not seen much of Attack of the Clones except a glimpse or two when I catch it on TV. It holds my attention for a minute or two before I move on. I'm hoping #7 will not require me to sit through that.

Doubtful considering the new films will take place after RotJ

#71 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,405 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

so, basically it doesn't really matter if I skip around? i get that their's a long line of continuity and canon, but i'm not going to not understand anything if i pick and choose and don't start from the beginning?

Like Biscuit said, the Thrawn trilogy is the best.

#72 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Like Biscuit said, the Thrawn trilogy is the best.

I need to go back and re-read those... I just realized its been 20 years since that first Zahn book came out... damn. I read that first one the summer of '92.

#73 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,405 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

I need to go back and re-read those... I just realized its been 20 years since that first Zahn book came out... damn. I read that first one the summer of '92.

Thanks for making me feel old. :)

For me, it was December 1993 when I read the first one, laying on the beach at Bellows Air Force Base in Hawaii. I remember because I couldn't go home for Christmas that year.

#74 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I was 5 years old when RotJ, my kid will be 4 years old (aprox) when these come out.

#75 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Good lord, I hope they don't bring Mark Hamil back as Luke...

http://movies.yahoo....-221654367.html

Entertainment Weekly sat down with Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy. Hamill revealed that he and Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) had lunch with George Lucas in August. Lucas told them that he was planning to make another trilogy. "When he said, 'We decided we're going to do episodes VII, VIII, and IX,' I was just gobsmacked," Hamill said. Still, he had no idea the director was planning to sell his company. "Oh my gosh, what a shock that was," Hamill said.

This is some good news though...

"It was originally a 12-part saga," Pollock said. "The three most exciting stories were 7, 8, and 9. They had propulsive action, really interesting new worlds, new characters. I remember thinking, 'I want to see these three movies.'" He did say that the three films feature Luke Skywalker in his 30s and 40s. No other details were given due to a confidentiality agreement Pollock signed.

---

When it comes to who will direct the films, that's anybody's guess. Danny Boyle would make a nice choice. He directed the under-seen sci-fi flick "Sunshine." Steven Soderbergh would surely make an interesting film set in a galaxy far, far away. If producers want to go with a blockbuster kind of guy, how about James Cameron or Steven Spielberg? Other possibilities that would likely be met with approval (again, we're just guessing): Joss Whedon, J.J. Abrams, Rian Johnson. Notice we did not include Michael Bay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.